Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,308 Posts
Explain to me what you don't get.

You call UpRev, order the product. Few days later, you get two CDs in the mail, one with a tune for your truck, and another with the Program Cipher to data log your truck. You install them both on your laptop, go out to your truck, plug the cable into OBDII port, and flash the tune. Once its flashed, you data log it with cipher, send them the fiels, and they will adjust what needs to be if anything on your truck to maximum performance.

Anything else you need to know?

·
Premium Member
17,446 Posts
Up Rev is the company that offer the ECU tuning for the Titan.
There's a few ways to go about it.

1st, Custom tune, they strap your Titan to a dyno and tune it, adjust timing, A/F, remap DBW, ect. (Great if you're near them and can get to there location in Austin, TX)

2nd, Mail in tune, send your ECU to them, they will flash your ECU with a "generic" tune MAP (one that closely match your mods). (Cheapest route to go, truck will be down while ECU is shipped to them)

3rd, Osiris software, they send you all the software you need, with a MAP for you Titan, flash it to your ECU yourself. The Osiris include the Cipher data logging software to let you monitor your truck ECU, take that data, send it back to them, they will fine tune your MAP and you flash it again. (Good for those not close but don't want your truck down while ECU is sent off)

www.uprev.com

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
baseballfanz said:
Up Rev is the company that offer the ECU tuning for the Titan.
There's a few ways to go about it.

1st, Custom tune, they strap your Titan to a dyno and tune it, adjust timing, A/F, remap DBW, ect. (Great if you're near them and can get to there location in Austin, TX)

2nd, Mail in tune, send your ECU to them, they will flash your ECU with a "generic" tune MAP (one that closely match your mods). (Cheapest route to go, truck will be down while ECU is shipped to them)

3rd, Osiris software, they send you all the software you need, with a MAP for you Titan, flash it to your ECU yourself. The Osiris include the Cipher data logging software to let you monitor your truck ECU, take that data, send it back to them, they will fine tune your MAP and you flash it again. (Good for those not close but don't want your truck down while ECU is sent off)

www.uprev.com
Will they send you a new disk?I'm clueless.

·
Registered
2,952 Posts
How often will they re-tune the truck? If I add a mod once a month and send them the new data will they send out a new tune for every mod?

·
Registered
2,710 Posts
Uprev Questions

anmut said:
How often will they re-tune the truck? If I add a mod once a month and send them the new data will they send out a new tune for every mod?
Yes , from what I've read yeah. you start with a tune for the mods you have.then data log,send them your data logs, they refine your tune and send you a new map to load into your ECU.

·
Premium Member
2,640 Posts
SKEET said:
Will they send you a new disk?I'm clueless.
no new disk, I believe they will email a file to you. someone correct me if I am wrong, as I dont have uprev/osiris.

·
Registered
486 Posts
I'm on my 3rd tune now.After the first one they just email them to you after you send them some logs and they look at them and see where they can improve performance.

·
Premium Member
58,625 Posts
What are the costs for the custom tune, mail in ECU, and Osiris software options?

·
Premium Member
58,625 Posts
Quartz said:
What are the costs for the custom tune, mail in ECU, and Osiris software options?
I went to their website and it costs $700.00 for the Osiris software option. Does anybody know how much the other options are?

·
Registered
418 Posts
the mail in reflash is 500 i believe...

its all on the website though, just look around.
under services, scroll down till you see "order my mail in reflash", or something.

itll show the prices.

not sure about stickin it on the dyno, didnt see that on the site

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Actually you really didn't find it. Because UpRev can tune for any octane.

But if you want the higher timing values you need more octane to prevent detonation.

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
with what they are doing to gas prices i REALLY don't want to have to run premium but would a tune for 87 even make much power at all?? i want to get a CAI and headers though first because i think they (especially the CAI) have more bang for the buck. plus then i'd only need one tune. does anybody have an 87 octane tune and how did it work??

·
Banned
44 Posts
Yeah I'm wondering the same thing. They offer a stage 0 for $300, but does it give you more horse power and can you run 87 octane with it?:rolleyes:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts