Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know it's a stupid ? But I am changing the brakes/ rotors and was wondering if I could start with the furthest tire from master cylinder and change those pads/ rotors and bleed new fluid at the same time. then continue to each other tire, repeat and then be done changing fluid. I'll use the blue fluid so ii know when the new stuffs through. Thanks for the advice. Joe

·
Premium Member
58,286 Posts
I was taught to always start at the farthest brake and work my way to the master cylinder. I'm old school so things could have changed but that's how I changed out my fluid and it worked perfectly.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Actually it's a good question. I have wondered myself if you should do the pads and bleeding together, or come back and bleed after the pad installation when changing brake fluid out. Sounds like it should work, but I'm not sure how the pressure works when changing the pads too. Let us know what you find out.

·
Premium Member
58,286 Posts
I did it all at the same time. When you push the pistons back in for all four calipers you will probably need to get rid of some fluid. I just used a turkey baster and pulled all the fluid out that I could. Then I filled the reservoir and attached a power bleeder. It worked very well. My son and I will be doing the same to his Titan next week when he installs new rotors and pads.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks to all so far. I know some go around 2-3 x per tire. I'm just trying to save time but will do it right if neck. Thanks again

·
Premium Member
58,286 Posts
Do you have access to a power bleeder?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts