Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so Tomorrow Im going to get my exhaust done and install a CAI ! Very excited to get this project going ! Now ive countless hours reading about the BDGT, dos it make that much power difference on the quarter mile ? I dont cre about gas mileage so thats not an issue i want a fast truck ! Im cinfused some say they love it some say they cant tell a difference ! So whats the deal is it worth the $ 350 ?

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
It's not so much the added power that's noticeable. Most of the difference comes from disabling the WOT restriction and changing the throttle sensitivity.

As you may know, Titans come with a WOT (wide open throttle) restriction. The restriction varies, depending on if the truck is 2wd or 4wd.

2wd Titans can not achieve full throttle until you hit 40mph, no matter how much you push the go pedal.

For 4wd Titans, the restriction is around 15mph.

For people with 2wd Titans, they will notice a drastic change in performance. Folks with 4wd Titans will notice a change, but it won't be drastic like the 2wd trucks.

The throttle sensitivity can transform how the truck feels, but it won't be any faster in the 1/4 because of it. Removing the WOT restriction will definitely help in the 1/4. Truetrac will help plant that power to the ground.

The net power gain from the tune itself will vary depending on the settings you choose, but 20hp is probably reasonable. 20 additional horsepower is not going to make a big difference in how the truck feels, though it will help in the 1/4. The removal of the WOT restriction and throttle sensitivity are the things that will put a smile on your face.

·
Registered
6,823 Posts
I had a .321 1/4 mile difference with Bully Dog. That was running with a S&B CAI and JBA catback.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Ok well I cant say exactly how much faster it makes your 1/4 but I ran stock with 22s and ran a 16.4 was my best. Added bully dog and stock rims and tires nothing else and ran 15.5... Rims alone didnt make up that time. Also gt gives u 4 degree timing advance I ran a 15.5 with plus 2 and 15.2 with plus 4. So imo most def it is worth it u will not regret it.

·
Registered
3,233 Posts
I agree its more about the throttle sensitivity and WOT removal. The monitor is also nice to see the vitals. As far as "pin you in the seat" HP increase...not happening. Worth the approx. $350 for something you can acheive a few xtra ponies and have up and running in fifteen minutes IMOP.

·
Registered
2,436 Posts
I have gone threw 2 BDGT's, 1 Superchips Cortex, and 1 Bullydog Powepup, and by far the best was the BDGT. I miss having it but it was definitely hurting my pocket, I was having to much fun hauling *** for no reason, I love the WOT disabled. Best thing ever! I will probably step up to uprev next though.

·
Registered
7,353 Posts
if the only best features are WOT removal and throttle sensitivity, shouldn't the powerpup be fine or GT all the way ?

·
Registered
5,522 Posts
I gained about .3-.4 in the 1/4 mile with it. I loved my BDGT:) I ran the 87+4 and the 93+4 at the track and they ran the same times. So it's up to you what gas you want to run. I'd run the 87+4 with 89 gas and set the throttle sensitivity to performance not extreme. It's worth the $350!

·
Premium Member
1,807 Posts
Don't forget about the 2 degree timing advance. I took that off because I thought it was impacting my MPG. That lasted half the drive home. I had no idea that it was doing anything for power until I removed it. I know now.

·
Registered
344 Posts
i had the powerpup and the GT, GT is def worth the money

·
Registered
102 Posts
I bought the Bully Dog and thought it made more power then I drove up to Austin and had it tuned at UpRev and they actually showed me how I was losing power and after the UpRev had it dynoed before and after and showed me the difference on the graphs so the moral of my story is don't waste your money on Bully Dog go for the uprev tune .also I have a Bully dog for sale make offer

·
Registered
5,522 Posts
I bought the Bully Dog and thought it made more power then I drove up to Austin and had it tuned at UpRev and they actually showed me how I was losing power and after the UpRev had it dynoed before and after and showed me the difference on the graphs so the moral of my story is don't waste your money on Bully Dog go for the uprev tune .also I have a Bully dog for sale make offer
How much did you gain from BD to Uprev?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts