Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
with its larger tires. I cant decide on an SE w/off road or an LE w/out. I have seen post on the difference in tire expense. And would like your opinions.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Can you explain what you mean about the differential. And

what kind of decrease in mileage (#) are we talking about

·
Registered
473 Posts
Fractions of a mile per gallon. You will gain that back an more by adding a Tonneau(sp) cover. At the same time the filling of the holes with the tow hooks and fog lights makes up the difference any way. It is really a matter of looks and handling. I like a firm ride. The rancho. shocks are actually softer than the air-shocks I had on my last truck.

The gas mileage should not be a concern as driving style will have more of an effect that tire width (between those sizes).

·
Registered
780 Posts
about 3 to 4 mpg

about 3 to 4 mpg, i would guess.

hard to tell how much of the milage cost is due to my big LEAD foot or the OffRoad(&Tow) Packages.

Good off-road (sand, mud, ice, rocky trail) performance is a must for us. so i'm happy enough with 11 mpg

·
Registered
37 Posts
outahere said:
At least 1mpg, according to the EPA, but real world results may be worse.
Ehhh thats not a good thing there. 14-19 non 4X4, 14-18 with 4x4. I can't imagine its even noticable. Should say "if all the other parts of your dream come true - at the very most - 1 mpg.

I think skidplates are the real question, that and the shocks - not just the ride though, off road or on road you'll have better traction (always more contact) with the Rancho shocks.

Don't we get a little better ground clearance as well with the 4x4?

Doesn't the CC almost have to weigh more than its KC counterpart?

too many factors/questions....

·
Registered
473 Posts
Yes there are a lot of factors to consider, and most of them are nominal. Which is why there is (to my knowledge) only one EPA rating for the Titan. If there was any change, it would have to be listed.

Driving at the legal limit, not punching it all the time, and decreased idle time although not as much fun will provide much better fuel economy.

One of the best things you can do is put a cover on the back. Remember that upright square air-brake you have at the end of the truck? The tailgate creates a lot of drag. Remember the smoother we go through the air the less it costs.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Doghouse said:
Yes there are a lot of factors to consider, and most of them are nominal. Which is why there is (to my knowledge) only one EPA rating for the Titan. If there was any change, it would have to be listed.

Driving at the legal limit, not punching it all the time, and decreased idle time although not as much fun will provide much better fuel economy.

One of the best things you can do is put a cover on the back. Remember that upright square air-brake you have at the end of the truck? The tailgate creates a lot of drag. Remember the smoother we go through the air the less it costs.
no sir, the two i referred to are found here (and window stickers)
http://www.epa.gov/greenvehicles/E-NISSAN-Titan-04.htm

1 - 9 of 9 Posts