Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
790 Posts
Dude u have the old skool evap purge valve.. The thing with the green cap..

The updated one is fatter and will mostly silence the noise...

I’ll try and find u the part number unless someone beats me to it first...

·
Registered
2,471 Posts
Sounds a little like a fast exhaust leak. Does it get quieter or go away once the engine heats up?

·
Registered
11 Posts
No exhaust leak. I unplug the evap purge canister it stops making the clicking noise, when I plug it back in and drive it for a bit it comes back. I just changed the evap purge valve and its still making that annoying ticking noise. I took it to one mechanic and asked he said its normal for the titans evap to click like that. but its loud and kinda sounds like something is wrong.
any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2017 with 35500 miles new to me. Am getting a sound similar to that. When I took it to the dealer service, did not hear and they said it sounded like all Titans. The noise that I am hearing reminds me like a hydraulic lifter is flat (lost it;s prime). The truck runs great and does seem to get somewhat less clicking as it warms up. The sound is loud enough that you would not like to tell someone how well you liked the truck and then they hear it.

I took my mechanics stethoscope and had it up on ramps. got under and the sound seems to be coming from the bell housing area about the 10 o clock position. This is our 10th Datsun/ Nissan but the first V8. I Do have hearing aids and can hear a bird at 100 yards now so possible it is a normal sound. Planning on keeping the Titan for a long time just trying to make sure no problems while still in warranty. Any known issues I should be looking for? We will be using it to tow a 18 foot 3500 lb Tear Drop travel trailer. Thanks for any suggestions.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts