Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 04 T and the wife has a 07 Murano. We both have the factory power lock key fob. I notice that the T sometimes locks itself if I take the keys out and walk away without manually hitting the lock button. The wife has noticed this also every now and then, but not on a regular basis. Is this normal? Will it lock itself if the keys are left in? I thought this only happened on the new Nissan's that have a "smart key".

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
if i unlock mine and dont open the doors after a minute or so it will lock itself back

Reactions: gweasel77

·
Registered
17,713 Posts
Same. Its a safety feature to make sure you didn't unlock it on accident.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I get in my T after work, drive a 1/2 hour to the babysitter. Since she lives in the country, I just turn off the T and go inside with the keys. When I return 5 minutes later, its locked.

·
Registered
432 Posts
I have a 04 T and the wife has a 07 Murano. We both have the factory power lock key fob. I notice that the T sometimes locks itself if I take the keys out and walk away without manually hitting the lock button. The wife has noticed this also every now and then, but not on a regular basis. Is this normal? Will it lock itself if the keys are left in? I thought this only happened on the new Nissan's that have a "smart key".
I've noticed this on mine as well. I also had this with my 350Z. I've actually sat there and tested it. Here's what I've observed with my T. (yes, I have no life lol)

If you turn off the ignition and open the door and shut it quickly, it will auto lock in about 30 seconds. Same if you hit unlock and don't open any doors.

If you open the door more than once, (turn off ign. open door, close, then open) it doesn't auto lock.

It almost seems like it depends on how long you have your door open and how many times you open it.

·
Registered
4,984 Posts
In the 4 titans I've had the ONLY time its ever locked on me is if I unlock it with the key fob and do not open it within a minute or two..

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
weird. I was wondering if anyone else was seeing this.

·
Registered
48 Posts
speaking of locking itself, i made the mistake of unlocking the truck with the key fob on the passenger side to put my bookbags away, and at the same time i started the truck. I closed the door went to the driver side and what do you know the T locked itself. So 40 minute later and a call to my insurance company for roadside assistance and im back in my T running the whole time.

·
Premium Member
44,907 Posts
hasnt happened to me, but then again I havent had it two months yet

·
Registered
369 Posts
From my Owners Manual.

Auto relock
When the unlock button on the keyfob is pushed,
all doors will lock automatically within 1 minute
unless one of the following operations is performed:
c Any door is opened.
c A key is inserted into the ignition switch and
the key is turned from OFF to ON.

·
Premium Member
58,287 Posts
In the 4 titans I've had the ONLY time its ever locked on me is if I unlock it with the key fob and do not open it within a minute or two..
Same here. (Except the 4 Titans part)

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It must be an electrical gremlin or something. I'm not too concerned about it. I just thought it was kinda weird. It seems to happen more often than not. I'm just worried about leaving the keys in it and it self locks. Then I would be in a world of trouble. I guess I could hide a spare key on the T somewhere.

·
Registered
2,648 Posts
I have a 05 LE and I can set it up to lock itself after 1-10 minutes after I have removed the key and closed the doors and just walk away from it
I have mine set to lock itself after I remove the keys after 5 minutes since sometimes I forget to lock it :bangit::bangit:

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
mine does this, i hate it! i'll just get home from a drive, go inside remembered i forgot something in the truck, go back out to the truck and freaking doors are locked, so i have to go get the keys. very annoying. sometimes the windows are down when it locks and i forget and reach in to unlock them and it sets the alarm off.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts