Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 109 Posts

·
Super Moderator
160,550 Posts
It's a sad commentary when the illegals trespassing on his property seem to have more rights than he does. Wonder if there's any legal precedent for their lawsuit?

·
Premium Member
9,417 Posts
The immigrants are represented at trial by the Mexican American Legal Defense and Educational Fund (MALDEF),

Seriously? :huh: There is a legal group/association for these no goods? :confused:
For Mexican-Americans.

I assume this group is supporting the illegals because they view illegal immigration differently...

·
Banned
6,454 Posts
Good assumption. :huh:

So after you hop the fence or crawl the tunnel, you are automatically classified as a Mexican-American? Whats the use in having immigration then? Just open the floodgates, feed them when they break in and let them spray paint your house.

For Mexican-Americans.

I assume this group is supporting the illegals because they view illegal immigration differently...

·
Premium Member
9,417 Posts
I think their point (no matter how much we disagree with it) is that these people "have a right to come to this country" and he is preventing them from doing so. They view it as a human rights issue.

This is the logic that Vincente Fox used when he was President of Mexico to win support from the people. "They deserve the opportunity to better provide for their families." He didn't see it as an issue as to what his country at that time should do to prevent the illegal migration.

I feel for this farmer as I think he's getting the raw end of the deal caught between a policy and enforcement that is too lax on one side and his own need to protect his livelihood on the other.

·
Banned
1,022 Posts
well..... i guess i better be more polite to my gardner and cleaning ladies then!

lol!

·
Registered
5,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Does this human right to illegally cross the U.S. border at
will just apply to citizens of Mexico.
If an Iranian was on vacation (or maybe sneaked in) in Mexico &
decided he wanted to "visit" the U.S., would he have the
human right to cross the U.S. border at will or would he
have to first become a citizen of Mexico. Seems to me if it is a
human right, everyone should have it..:)

·
Banned
1,022 Posts
i dont know.... the Iranian wouldn't last in Mexico!

·
Registered
4,720 Posts
I was in McDonalds in Longview, Texas Saturday. 500 miles from the Mexican border. The place was full, and everyone of them speaking spanish, all the customers and workers, excelpt me, were Mexican.
When I moved here 17 years ago you saw very few Mexicans this far from the border.
When I lived here in 1963/64, there were none that I knew of.
We are being taken over without a shot being fired.

·
Premium Member
9,417 Posts
I was in McDonalds in Longview, Texas Saturday. 500 miles from the Mexican border. The place was full, and everyone of them speaking spanish, all the customers and workers, excelpt me, were Mexican.
When I moved here 17 years ago you saw very few Mexicans this far from the border.
Who is being taken over?

And you took it upon yourself to check to see if they were all US Citizens correct or are you assuming they are all illegal because they are Mexican (and of course assume they are all Mexican and not from another spanish-speaking country?)

·
Registered
4,720 Posts
Who is being taken over?

And you took it upon yourself to check to see if they were all US Citizens correct or are you assuming they are all illegal because they are Mexican (and of course assume they are all Mexican and not from another spanish-speaking country?)
The whole southwestern USA is being taken over, if you don't believe it, come down and take a look.
A new report is out that shows the costs imposed on Texas taxpayers by illegal aliens
. The report was released by the Federation for American Immigration Reform (FAIR). The current estimates show there are 1.5 million illegal aliens in Texas. The costs when broken down comes to a total of $725 a year per taxpaying household to cover the costs of education, health care and incarceration of illegal aliens throughout the state.
The more than $4.7 billion in costs incurred by Texas taxpayers annually result from outlays in the following areas:
Education. Based on estimates of the illegal immigrant population in Texas and documented costs of K-12 schooling, Texans spend more than $4 billion annually on education for illegal immigrant children and for their U.S.-born siblings. About 11.9 percent of the K-12 public school students in Texas are children of illegal aliens.
Health Care. Taxpayer-funded medical outlays for health care provided to the state’s illegal alien population amount to about $520 million a year.

Illegal Immigration Costs California Over Ten Billion Annually
State's "cheap labor" costs average household $1,183 a year

·
Premium Member
9,417 Posts

Maybe you should take a look at your post again.

1. You do not know if any of these patrons were illegal. All you know is that they spoke Spanish.
2. All people who speak Spanish are not illegal nor all are Mexican.

I'm not saying that the illegal immigration is not a problem. I am saying that you have no way of knowing the people you saw in the restaurant were illegal.

3. Just who is the group that is taking over? Illegals or spanish speaking citizens?

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
I think it's EXTREMELY SAD that the rancher can't protect his own property from being destroyed by those illegal immigrants. If thousands of people were destroying my property on a regular basis you are damn right I would hold them at gunpoint and call the authorities....whether they were illegals or not! It's not like he tortured them or did anything wrong. They were the ones who were trying to enter the country illegaly and destroying his property. What the hell is this world coming to if you can't even defend what it yours. That has nothing to do with whether or not they are illegal immigrants. Anyway, I believe the rancher is totally in the right to detain those people who are tresspassing and damaging his property. Up here in Canada you are allowed to perform a citizen's arrest on people who are committing a crime (I'm not sure if it is the same in the US or not). If I were in his shoes I would have done the same thing. But again...that has nothing to do with whether they were illegals or not. The point is they were tresspassing and damaging his property and he put a stop to it in the only way that he could.

Now to address this comment:

The whole southwestern USA is being taken over, if you don't believe it, come down and take a look
Well... I hate to break it too you but our ancestors "took over" this continent from the natives a few hundred years ago, and now we cry because a few thousand mexicans (who are more native to these lands than we are) are coming accross the border? Don't you think it's a bit hypocritical to tell them they can't come when our ancestors were immigrants in the first place. Some of these people may be myans, incas etc who have been here for thousands of years. We come along a few hundred years ago with guns, create armed borders and tell them to get the F*** out of "our" country, and don't let them back. How is that fair?

This becomes a whole different argument when you talk about non-illegals being a problem.

This is a good point. It is easy for you to stereotype them as illegals because of the color of their skin. But, if they DID enter the country legitimately then they have just as much of a right to be here as we do. Sometimes it is difficult, but we have to try to refrain from stereotyping people like that, especially since the U.S. is now led by a black man, and if you feel this way about all mexicans, I'm sure you also think Obama is a no-good gangster Ni****. Be realistic. We have to accept the way things are and respect those people regardless of their ancestry. I know that a few bad apples spoil the reputation of the bunch, but some of those people could positively contribute to the country. There is no reason to judge people based on racial or cultural stereotypes. No good things can come out of that type of attitude.

·
Registered
90 Posts
It would be my guess that He is feeling that they are being taken over by both.
People speaking Spanish and Illegals. It will be the influx of illegals drawing down our resources that will break this country's back.
If they want to enter this country there are plenty of legal ways to do it. No different than when our ancestors entered the county. Why should it be any different ?

·
Registered
4,720 Posts
Maybe you should take a look at your post again.

1. You do not know if any of these patrons were illegal. All you know is that they spoke Spanish.
2. All people who speak Spanish are not illegal nor all are Mexican.

I'm not saying that the illegal immigration is not a problem. I am saying that you have no way of knowing the people you saw in the restaurant were illegal.

3. Just who is the group that is taking over? Illegals or spanish speaking citizens?
I support legal immigration. If you come over here the right way to become a citizen of The United States I’m okay with that. But when you just storm across our borders, you are an invader. Read 14 reasons why we need to get control of illegal immigration:

1. $11 Billion to $22 billion is spent on welfare to illegal aliens each year by state governments. V

2. $2.2 Billion dollars a year is spent on food assistance programs such as food stamps, WIC, and free school lunches for illegal aliens.

3. $2.5 Billion dollars a year is spent on Medicaid for illegal aliens.

4. $12 Billion dollars a year is spent on primary and secondary school education for children here illegally and they cannot speak a word of English!

5. $17 Billion dollars a year is spent for education for the American-born children of illegal aliens, known as anchor babies.

6. $3 Million Dollars a DAY is spent to incarcerate illegal aliens.

7. 30% percent of all Federal Prison inmates are illegal aliens.

8. $90 Billion Dollars a year is spent on illegal aliens for welfare social services by the American taxpayers.

9. $200 Billion Dollars a year in suppressed American wages are caused by the illegal aliens.

10. The illegal aliens in the United States have a crime rate that’s two and a half times that of white non-illegal aliens. In particular,their children, are going to make a huge additional crime problem in the US.

11. During the year of 2005 there were 4 to 10 MILLION illegal aliens that crossed our southern border also, as many as 19,500 illegal aliens from terrorist countries.

12. The National Policy Institute, “estimated that the total cost of mass deportation would be between $206 and $230 billion or an average cost of between $41 and $46 billion annually over a five year period.”

13. In 2006 illegal aliens sent home $45 BILLION in remittances back to their countries of origin.
Do you not see a problem with this.

According to an article entitled, "The Costs of Illegal Immigration to Arizonans" published by the Federation for American Immigration Reform, illegal immigration is costing Arizona's citizens a great deal, to the tune of about $1.3 billion per year. These expenditures are occurring in primarily three areas:

A. Education. Arizonans spend approximately $820 million annually on education for illegal immigrant children and for their U.S. born siblings.

B. Health Care. Medical costs for health care provided to the Arizona's illegal alien population is now estimated at about $400 million a year.

C. Incarceration. The cost of incarcerating illegal aliens in Arizona prisons and jails amounts to about $80 million a year.

·
Registered
5,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Well... I hate to break it too you but our ancestors "took over" this continent from the natives a few hundred years ago, and now we cry because a few thousand mexicans (who are more native to these lands than we are) are coming accross the border? Don't you think it's a bit hypocritical to tell them they can't come........................
After the NAU comes into full force they will be going into
Canada by the tens of thousands to stimulate the economy by doing jobs that Canadians don't want to do........especially after global
warming makes it warmer in Canada..:)

·
Registered
4,720 Posts
Well... I hate to break it too you but our ancestors "took over" this continent from the natives a few hundred years ago, and now we cry because a few thousand mexicans (who are more native to these lands than we are) are coming accross the border? .
We are talking about millions of illeagals in Texas alone
As soon as we get the NAFTA highway going, we can just send them on up to you.

I have nothing aganist leagal immigrants. I lived in Southern Calif for 25 years, and had numerous Mexican-American friends and co-workers.

1 - 20 of 109 Posts