Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a long haired dog (golden retriever) and have had trouble removing the hair that he leaves in my Titan until I bought this product: http://www.sweepa.com/home_1.html My dog's hair sticks to the carpet in my Titan so well that not even the powerful suction of a shop vac can remove it. This brush has rubber bristles that when you brush the carpet instead of the hairs getting in the bristles of the brush they pile up in one place where you just pick up the whole pile and toss it in the trash. I bought my brush at Bed Bath & Beyond for about $6.00 and like how it works.

Attachments

·
Registered
112 Posts
Thank you, thank you! I'll be picking one of these up this week. :)

·
Premium Member
17,123 Posts
Bayou Titan said:
I have a long haired dog (golden retriever) and have had trouble removing the hair that he leaves in my Titan until I bought this product: http://www.sweepa.com/home_1.html My dog's hair sticks to the carpet in my Titan so well that not even the powerful suction of a shop vac can remove it. This brush has rubber bristles that when you brush the carpet instead of the hairs getting in the bristles of the brush they pile up in one place where you just pick up the whole pile and toss it in the trash. I bought my brush at Bed Bath & Beyond for about $6.00 and like how it works.
Maybe get some Husky Liners to cover the carpet. I have a Lab and haven't let him in the truck, despite his longing looks. I'm afraid his toe nails would shred the leather seats. I'm waiting for a shell so he can ride in the back.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Hey BT, i just discovered that a plain old vacuum cleaner works too as long as it has an attachment with moving bristles. We just got this Dirt Devil vacuum cleaner that has this little cleaning tool you put on the end of the hose and the bristles spin and it picked up or Golden's hair from my truck seats with no problem.
BTW, She's about 7 mos. now, so the hair is starting to appear!

·
Premium Member
4,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I tried something this week that work great. I bought some inexpensive clear plastic box tape with a dispenser from Dollar General. I took out the mats and taped the whole floor. This really doesn't take as long as it sounds when you use the dispenser. After you put the tape down mash it to the carpet real good so that it will pick up the hair. All of the hair that the vacuum and a brush would not pick up will be picked up by the tape. This works really good on long dog hairs that are hard for vacuums and brushes to pick up. My carpet looked like it was from the show room after I did this.

·
Registered
222 Posts
My problem is my basset hound likes to ride shotgun on the folding middle seat ...and I have the wet okole neoprene seat covers and the hairs get embedded in the cover...what a pain in the ***

:cheers:

·
Premium Member
4,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I am looking for some cheap a** seat covers made of some kind of cheap a** cloth like terry cloth that is held on to the seats by elastic for the dog to ride on. That way, every now and then, I can easily slip the covers off and throw them into the washer and dryer.

·
Registered
473 Posts
we picked them up from Plow and hearth outlet for 39.00! They work great. I have 2 Gordon Setters and that hair gets everywhere. Body is short clipped and the rest is long. If you think that tape works good try aluminum tape it is more expensive, but it is almost sticky enough to lift the carpet off!

·
Premium Member
4,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Doghouse said:
we picked them up from Plow and hearth outlet for 39.00! They work great. I have 2 Gordon Setters and that hair gets everywhere. Body is short clipped and the rest is long. If you think that tape works good try aluminum tape it is more expensive, but it is almost sticky enough to lift the carpet off!
I am glad you mentioned that. I have a roll of aluminum left over from hooking up my downdraft oven vent and now I know what to do with it.

·
Registered
335 Posts
bestatchess said:
Maybe get some Husky Liners to cover the carpet. I have a Lab and haven't let him in the truck, despite his longing looks. I'm afraid his toe nails would shred the leather seats. I'm waiting for a shell so he can ride in the back.

The titans leather is impervious to lab toe nails. I have tested this many times.

Nuck

·
Premium Member
4,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Nuckle said:
The titans leather is impervious to lab toe nails. I have tested this many times.

Nuck
Your dog's toenails will scratch the center console though. My retriever tries to be a smart a** and move to the front seat when we leave him in the back seat of the Titan during the winter. He steps on the center console and it really p***es me off when he scratches it. He's a good dog in other regards.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts