Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi! :hi:

Has anyone ever had this problem with their Titan? And if so, do you know what I should do?

I just recently became the proud owner of a 2004 Nissan Titan and everytime I play my music loud, the interior dome lights flash along with the outdoor cab light. Also, the "Open Door Warning Light" on the dash comes on as if my truck thinks the doors are open. :confused: (This ONLY happens when the music is really loud or if the bass is up high.)

I disconnected the door switch on each door to see if that would stop the flashing - no luck.

Help! I love loud music and I don't want my truck looking like a flashing disco ball.

Thanks in advance!

Renata

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wow, thanks I never thought of that. :)

I think there used to be a system in the truck because I have found amp wires and speaker wires that were just snipped and tucked under the carpet.

If these wires are still connected to the radio, could this be causing the issue?

:ftard: Renata

·
Registered
13,026 Posts
Wow, thanks I never thought of that. :)

I think there used to be a system in the truck because I have found amp wires and speaker wires that were just snipped and tucked under the carpet.

If these wires are still connected to the radio, could this be causing the issue?

:ftard: Renata
Shouldnt be causing the issue unless they are hooked up to an amp

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
sounds like u got an aftermarket amp and sub running, but if there isnt any sub and amp in it then im not sure whats going on

·
Premium Member
17,446 Posts
Even if there was an amp drawing too much power, these lights are not normally on when you're driving. If there's an amp drawing too much power
does your dash light go dim?

I think you have an exposed ground wire on your dome light circuit that's making contact due to vibration from the loud bass maybe.

Also maybe the previous owner had an aftermarket system that's been taking out, probably a wire reconnected to a wrong wire feeding it with
power maybe. Try turning the switch to OFF on the dome light and see what happen

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My dash light does not dim while driving.

Also, I've turned off the dome light switch and it doesn't flash but the biggest problem is that the truck bed cargo light outside flashes to the beat of the bass as well - kinda like a diso light. It's not a good idea to drive my truck at night :(

And we can't forget the warning sign on the dash for "Open door". That turns on at the same time as well!

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
You got a King Cab? If so you need to get your truck to the dealer for the rear door wiring recall. I haven't looked at it for a while, but aren't the door switches mounted on the rear doors? That would mean the wires are routed through that harness that has been known to get worn and short out.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So you were right - there is a recall. After dropping off my truck on Monday at a Nissan dealership and finally picking it up yesterday, the problem seems to have improved a LOT. But it still occasionally goes off a little. Now I'm starting to wonder if they even did it right? :confused:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts