Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanted lights on top of the cab. So I made up this bar NO drilling to mount it.

I still may put a cage in front of the lights for some protection, didn't make that up yet cuz still not sure what lights I want to use.

I borrowed the lights from my friend who gave me the lights on the front so, I'll be getting different ones. Not sure if I like the 6" lights I think they look too big up there. I might go with 5x7 57 series or 5" round 50 series 4 of each of those.

The lights on there now put me at 7'3" tall no way to get into a parking garage. If I go with the 57 series I'll be right at 7' tall. Most parking garages are 7' or more. Not that I go in them alot but the one time I do and forget BAMM lights be gone!!!

Anyway what do you think?

I'm still kinda on the fence myself???

Attachments

·
Registered
9,557 Posts
Not sure about the roof setup but the front one makes it look like it's wearing a retainer! lol. Where do you drive that you need THAT much light? Maybe a good set of HIDs is in order. Or......maybe it's all fine and I'm just jealous because I see palm trees in your pics and here I'm buried up to my azz in snow!!!!

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
how about some pics showing the mounting hardware? Not really into the round lights up top. I'd like to get a 50" beam of LEDs, closer to the front of the truck on the roof. Actually one of those windshield visors (like a big rig) with the LED's built into it would be sweet.

·
Registered
286 Posts
I personally really like it. I think you did a very good job. How did you mount it to the roof? What/where did you get the materials?

·
Registered
98 Posts
It looks ok, and i am curious how you routed the wires to the power source in into the cab. Where did you mount your cab toggle switch. I think it doesnt flow with the front light bar as it looks tubular and the top mount is rectangular.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The lights are not hooked up because I'm just borrowing them from a friend. I'll probably put the wires in a small hose and route them down the back window. I think 4 smaller lights would look better been shopping for them and seems like KC's 57 series are the ones to get.

I'm not sure I want to show everyone just yet on how it's mounted because I may want to get a patten on this and sell them, sorry. Kinda testing the waters also to see if there is any interest in this also. If it seems like alot of trouble and money to get it and wind up not getting one, then I'll show you.

For those who don't know I also made the light bar up front too, the material is 1.25" conduit and 3/16" flat stock for both bars. The front bar is very strong and ridged but it's not going to take a hit and wasn't intended to.

I may not use the top bar after all because I have a couple of other ideas to get lights above the cab. One would put the lights above the windshield and the other at the very back of the roof. Again both would not drill any holes in the roof.

Keep the opinions coming.

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
Ok, here's my idea. I did this pretty quick so no laughs! The visor with lights built in. I can't show you how it attaches cause its top secret. If someone would go ahead and build me one I'd appreciate it, color matched with LED's!
Thanks,

Attachments

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ok, here's my idea. I did this pretty quick so no laughs! The visor with lights built in. I can't show you how it attaches cause its top secret. If someone would go ahead and build me one I'd appreciate it, color matched with LED's!
Thanks,
I like your idea. I too would like a LED setup on my truck too way to many $$$$ for now.
If I had unlimited funds it wouldn't be top secret I would have already had a patten and selling them. So be nice, when I do share you and anyone else will benifit.

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
Have you seen the remote controlled spot light? I found it at BassPros site. Magnetic base, 24' power cord for lighter socket, and a remote to aim it up to 90 degrees and swivels around 360. Not sure I'd use it enough for $180 but could be cool for tailgaiters.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Have you seen the remote controlled spot light? I found it at BassPros site. Magnetic base, 24' power cord for lighter socket, and a remote to aim it up to 90 degrees and swivels around 360. Not sure I'd use it enough for $180 but could be cool for tailgaiters.

I have not seen that. Do you have a link for it?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts