1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
8,569 Posts
Now that's what im talking about right there!!! Someone needs to get a hold of one of those & do some testing!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pic's saved & bookmarked for further inspection! Great Find, Thank's!!! :)

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
He had some better pics posted off the link in his sig, if you want to check them out too, I'm going to register over there and see if I can get in touch with him...if I can get a hold of him, this might be our easiest and cheapest route of getting an IM!

·
Registered
8,569 Posts
Yea, i was checking them out! I saved all the pic's in a folder on my laptop. Im really interested in seeing some data running with this IM! I don't know if they have the engine running yet though... Someone who can weld would be able to put one of those together pretty easily i think. Damn, i need to learn how to weld!!!

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So I registered to the site, the guy that made it hasn't been on since 2007 and you can only message through aim instant messenger which I don't have so I don't think it's going to be easy to get in touch with him. Maybe if we study the pictures real good we can come up with something

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So I found an email address, let's see if he'll get back to me

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So I have been talking to him and getting info about his build all day. He said it would cost around $1500 to reproduce another manifold. I'll keep you guys posted

·
Registered
8,569 Posts
I see how he made it... I think if had the right machinery, tool's & material's i could copy what he has done. It wouldnt be hard to duplicate something like that, its just time consuming. The only part i wouldn't be able to do is weld it together. You just need basic metal working skills. I see he made a jig thingy so he could get all the runner's with the same size opening's. The injector thingies i think would be the hardest part, but $1500 for an intake mani. is ridiculous! GL with this one! :)

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I feel the same way about the price. I'm trying to get him to send me some specs or guidlines that he used to build it but I don't think he wants to come off of them. I'll keep trying to work with him until I get frustrated, then I'll study the pics and head to a machine shop. It would be awesome if we could get bored out to 90mm!!!

·
Registered
8,569 Posts
We aren't confined to the same exact constraints , i think its a good start, but could be improved a little for use on our Titan's. They were dealing with height issue with the hood not closing. So they had to make it with a really small manifold chamber that feeds the runners. I think it might need to be a bit taller to maximize the flow, but i'm not an expert... That's just whats going through my head when i look at the pics. :coolsmile

Keep us posted! :)

·
Banned
2,234 Posts
The overall idea is sound, but the runners are too short and the spot on the front that's dented in (his is made to face rearwards w/the TB) is obstructing that runner's flow significantly. It would be fairly easy following his basic idea and doing it in aluminum with radiused inlets inside the main plenum. That should pick up mid to top end hp tremendously w/a 90mm+ TB hooked up to it with some proper cams and headers to back it up.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The overall idea is sound, but the runners are too short and the spot on the front that's dented in (his is made to face rearwards w/the TB) is obstructing that runner's flow significantly. It would be fairly easy following his basic idea and doing it in aluminum with radiused inlets inside the main plenum. That should pick up mid to top end hp tremendously w/a 90mm+ TB hooked up to it with some proper cams and headers to back it up.
So tough, when are you going to start building it for us, haha j/k. But your right, whoever this guy is layed a good foundation for us to build off of. Just for the heck of it, I'm going to go see what kind of quote I get from the local machine shop

·
Registered
256 Posts
Is the Titan's IM that bad of a design that you'd put a metal one on there?

I came from the LS motor world and was always advised against going with a metal IM because of heat retention.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts