·
Registered
6,823 Posts
The 2011 Mustang is serious.

·
Banned
2,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That is no joke!! The SS NEEDS a cam swap to keep up w/this little beasty of a car. That engne in an older/lighter LX coupe would be deep in the 11's and deep in the 10's on a 100 shot. Ford pulled out all the stops w/this bad boy. Now, just imagine if this very engine makes it into the F150...........

·
Registered
3,184 Posts
i'll be getting one hopefully since i know the camaro SS is a fat pig and will cost 50k to get into the 10's (including cost of car) while this would get there probably for under 40k (including cost of car) only thing i hate bout it is the ghey rearend of the car why couldnt the idiots at ford leave the 07-08 rear end on this car.. imo looks much nicer
Hehe I know if i end up getting one it'll be getting turboed as well and it'll be a hella lot cheaper than modifying my truck..

·
Registered
8,408 Posts
That thing sound's sick!

·
Registered
844 Posts
i'll be getting one hopefully since i know the camaro SS is a fat pig and will cost 50k to get into the 10's (including cost of car)
You can get the Camaro in the 10's for the same. They're about $30k new. A guy on our local racing forum has already hit a 10.28 and he's under $10k in mods.

·
Banned
1,550 Posts
Im getting a miata for 750 bucks and a older 5.0 and tranny and mustang diff for 5,000. This miata will bbe a beast!

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Im getting a miata for 750 bucks and a older 5.0 and tranny and mustang diff for 5,000. This miata will bbe a beast!
Yeah but you'll still look like you're leading a gay pride parade! HAHAHA just joking kinda. They are gay little cars but would be sick with an old 5.0 in them. I saw a really nasty one one time with a 3rd gen rx7 engine in it!

I am so glad to see ford FINALLY got the idea and gave the mustang some serious balls and put the mustang back on top of the musclecar crowd. I have always been a ford guy as far as musclecars go and learned to drive a 5 speed on a 1990 5.0 GT. Ford RULED the musclecars during the late 80's and early 90's with the 5.0 and even held their own pretty good against the LT1. They have been toast though ever since the LS engine debuted and kept trying to make power out of a tiny 2v v8 engine.

·
Banned
4,217 Posts
yeah the new mustang is nice....but like all new cars wayyyy hyped up.......its still a 302...with higher performance coyote heades and the maniflods are just like shortie headers....i would still take my ss any day of the mustang....you can never beat cubic inches mod for mod the ss will always be faster....

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
terminator, shelby gt500, new 5.0 > camaro. just saying....

·
Registered
3,184 Posts
yeah the new mustang is nice....but like all new cars wayyyy hyped up.......its still a 302...with higher performance coyote heades and the maniflods are just like shortie headers....i would still take my ss any day of the mustang....you can never beat cubic inches mod for mod the ss will always be faster....
not when it weighs 1,200 to 1,400 lbs more it wont..

·
Banned
2,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
Banned
2,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
How is it "hyped up" at all? It's faster in either V6 or v8 form than the Camaro in either trim, handles better, looks better(imo), is built better and is easier to drive aggressively. Mod for mod, the SS would need LT's, CAI, custom cam and a good tune to even think of running with this 5.0L GT. This thing runs 11's with the OE shorty headers/manifolds and just a tune, replacement mid-pipe and c/b. 400whp equals 460bhp. That's 92hp/L. Even @ 470whp with LTs' custom cam, full exhaust, tune and CAI, the SS still only manages 88hp/L. Quite pathetic really. Especially when the heads flow 330+ cfm. I for one, can't stand the Camaro. It's a fat, ugly and overweight toy car looking thing. It is so outlandish, it almost doesn't look real. I hate how a car makes you feel small inside of it. It should be proportioned inside and out. The Mustang only needs a bit of boost or giggle gas to run 10's as is. Cams and a good tune would prolly get it done too. I applaud GM for remaking the Camaro, but Ford out did them with the 5.0L. The Challenger still looks the best of the 3 even if it is the slowest......lol.

·
Banned
4,217 Posts
How is it "hyped up" at all? It's faster in either V6 or v8 form than the Camaro in either trim, handles better, looks better(imo), is built better and is easier to drive aggressively. Mod for mod, the SS would need LT's, CAI, custom cam and a good tune to even think of running with this 5.0L GT. This thing runs 11's with the OE shorty headers/manifolds and just a tune, replacement mid-pipe and c/b. 400whp equals 460bhp. That's 92hp/L. Even @ 470whp with LTs' custom cam, full exhaust, tune and CAI, the SS still only manages 88hp/L. Quite pathetic really. Especially when the heads flow 330+ cfm. I for one, can't stand the Camaro. It's a fat, ugly and overweight toy car looking thing. It is so outlandish, it almost doesn't look real. I hate how a car makes you feel small inside of it. It should be proportioned inside and out. The Mustang only needs a bit of boost or giggle gas to run 10's as is. Cams and a good tune would prolly get it done too. I applaud GM for remaking the Camaro, but Ford out did them with the 5.0L. The Challenger still looks the best of the 3 even if it is the slowest......lol.

you cant be serious.....it doesnt run 11 with a tune and the car in the video is not stock.....you can say what you will and you have no clue what your talking about....just from headers and intake i gained over 40hp im not sure where you get your numbers from but they are wrong.....im not bashing on the mustang its a good looking ride other then the rear end....imo its way to small a bigger guy like myself does fit what so ever in that tiny thing....and no im not a chevy ford or dodge guy i just like the ss it fit me best looks engine and everything else....a stock 5.0 runs 12.9 at best....thats overly tuned for car and driver tests....but when it comes out we will see how it does....

1 - 20 of 199 Posts