Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Victory Nissan of Chesapeake, VA has had my Titan for 2 days now. For an oil change, Alignment, recoating of a bolt that the bedliner pealed off of, and to check the radio connections.

The first day: Oil change done, and they "say" they looked at the radio. They say they cannot fit the truck on the alignment rack, and the don't have anyone to fix the bed. They did add a scratch under the drivers door handle though.

Second day: After again promissing that it would all be completed today. As of 2:00, they are not sure but they think they got the bolt in the bed re-sprayed, but will not be able to get the alignment done! :flame:

I have called Nissan to see if they can get an explanation as to why it takes so long. THIS IS BULL!! Why cannot I be near a dealership that wants to please its customers? I asked them last night are you sure you will be able to get everything done? They said oh yes no problem. IT SURE IS A PROBLEM NOW!!!!!!

·
Registered
232 Posts
I think a more direct question would be
"Does you service dept have the new Alignment Equipment needed for the Titan installed yet?" :gunz:

The Titan does not fit on the old equipment I read, and the dealers have to get new racks installed. (If I recall correctly)

Doghouse said:
Victory Nissan of Chesapeake, VA has had my Titan for 2 days now. For an oil change, Alignment, recoating of a bolt that the bedliner pealed off of, and to check the radio connections.

The first day: Oil change done, and they "say" they looked at the radio. They say they cannot fit the truck on the alignment rack, and the don't have anyone to fix the bed. They did add a scratch under the drivers door handle though.

Second day: After again promissing that it would all be completed today. As of 2:00, they are not sure but they think they got the bolt in the bed re-sprayed, but will not be able to get the alignment done! :flame:

I have called Nissan to see if they can get an explanation as to why it takes so long. THIS IS BULL!! Why cannot I be near a dealership that wants to please its customers? I asked them last night are you sure you will be able to get everything done? They said oh yes no problem. IT SURE IS A PROBLEM NOW!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
4,088 Posts
geece1 said:
I think a more direct question would be
"Does you service dept have the new Alignment Equipment needed for the Titan installed yet?" :gunz:

The Titan does not fit on the old equipment I read, and the dealers have to get new racks installed. (If I recall correctly)
That's exactly what I read geece1 and it was some of Nissan's own press release stuff saying how they were proactive in getting the dealers bigger stuff in the garage since Nissan has never made a vechicle as large as the Titan or the Armada. It sure seems like they let this dealership fall through the cracks.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That would be fine if it was the first time I was trying to get it aligned.

This is the SECOND trip to the dealer. They were supposed to have everything ready. I was told that they were not sure if the alignment people would have the spec's as they did not have the for the Murano. I asked why not send the spec's over with the new vehicles?

This is going to be interesting.

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
4x4 or 4x2?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Not Good

Just got back from my first "three hour tour", took the wife & the boy for a ride. I just cleared 400 miles (and there were already 160 when I picked it up!) and already I am noticing that the wheel is cocked SLIGHTLY left to keep the truck centered on the road. Let go and it drifts right. And I was just telling my wife I'd have to get the alignment checked this week. And now I hear this? Just great...

Otherwise, great truck! Oh, and there's the plastic thing the wife found under her seat today... I can't see where it goes, I'll have to post a pic I guess...

·
Registered
230 Posts
Bez said:
Just got back from my first "three hour tour", took the wife & the boy for a ride. I just cleared 400 miles (and there were already 160 when I picked it up!) and already I am noticing that the wheel is cocked SLIGHTLY left to keep the truck centered on the road. Let go and it drifts right. And I was just telling my wife I'd have to get the alignment checked this week. And now I hear this? Just great...

Otherwise, great truck! Oh, and there's the plastic thing the wife found under her seat today... I can't see where it goes, I'll have to post a pic I guess...
Sorry to hear about your alignment issue, but glad to see another MD Titan owner on the board. A couple more and we'll have enough for a decent poker night. :upsidedow

Nice color choice too. :cheers:

·
Registered
230 Posts
Bez said:
Sabre -

What dealer did you buy from? Sheehy Waldorf was a pain in the butt...
I bought from Gaithersburg Nissan. The only reason i did was they had the Titan i wanted on the lot and since i got my previous Pathfinder from them they were more agreeable on pricing.

I was dealing with several internet dealers in MD & VA for over a month to find what i wanted (no luck), and just by luck stumbled upon this one. :upsidedow

·
Registered
163 Posts
Bez said:
Not sure if your state requires a front license plate but I know my dealer threw the front plate holder in the truck just in case I needed it in the future or wanted to put on a vanity plate. Could this be you plastic piece you are talking about?

·
Registered
21 Posts
pistonpete said:
Could this be you plastic piece you are talking about?
Well, we do have front plates, but the part I found isn't related to a plate. I still need to take a pic. It's about 2.5" square, and looks like the kind of thing you would see either covering where the seats bolt to the floor, or where the seat belt attaches to the frame by your shoulder on any other car. It is weird, I have looked again, and still can't figure it out...

·
Registered
230 Posts
Bez said:
Well, we do have front plates, but the part I found isn't related to a plate. I still need to take a pic. It's about 2.5" square, and looks like the kind of thing you would see either covering where the seats bolt to the floor, or where the seat belt attaches to the frame by your shoulder on any other car. It is weird, I have looked again, and still can't figure it out...
It is probably a left over piece from assembly that they missed when prepping the truck. I wouldn't worry about it too much. Just ask your mechanic when you go in for the first oil change.

·
Registered
21 Posts
1BadTitan:

I used to live in Bolton Hill, man, I miss Bawlmer! How do you like cruisin' the city in such a bad *** truck?!?

Curious as to your headlight mod, how much $$$ and how much effort? Have any pics you can post?

Also, BTW, I found out that my local dealer has the lifts, it used to be a Jeep dealership. But I was told that MANY dealers have had to do extensive modifications, not just in service, but even to get the Titan on the showroom floor!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Bez

If you have a KC the plastic thing is probably the cover for the lower seatbelt attach point on the cab door. Mine went unnoticed on the floor of the cab until a coworker kicked it out. It's easy to push into place.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts