Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi.....just wanted to know if you guys have to close the driver and front doors hard to get them to shut.....seems like they are so light that if you don't use some power, they don't shut all the way.

Thanks!
Crickett :)

·
Registered
39 Posts
Crickett,
No trouble with mine. But a word of warning I have read in this forum not to over do it while closing the hood. Some people have had some damage in doing this.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Titantow4 said:
Crickett,
No trouble with mine. But a word of warning I have read in this forum not to over do it while closing the hood. Some people have had some damage in doing this.

I should be opening the hood??? LOL

Thanks for the reply!
Crickett

·
Registered
38 Posts
True, watch out for the hood. Drop it from a few inches instead of pushing down on it. For your door, try rolling the window down just a crack. The tight seal seems to be what holds up the door shutting easily.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Have the same problem took awhile to learn how to slam it. I think it's mostly an issue with air pressure and tight door seals. It's better with a window opened or cracked,

nursecrickett said:
Hi.....just wanted to know if you guys have to close the driver and front doors hard to get them to shut.....seems like they are so light that if you don't use some power, they don't shut all the way.

Thanks!
Crickett :)

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
geece1 said:
Have the same problem took awhile to learn how to slam it. I think it's mostly an issue with air pressure and tight door seals. It's better with a window opened or cracked,
Yeah, I went to the dealer this afternoon and he said it had to do with the door seals. Makes sense.

Thanks!
Crickett

·
Registered
109 Posts
Crickett,

I have found that closing the door from 6 to 10 inches open and pushing (or pulling) firmly works better than from say slamming the door from half way open. Seems that the more the door is open the more air it rams into the cab when you try to slam it. You might try that and see if it helps on yours.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
SoldOnNissan said:
Crickett,

I have found that closing the door from 6 to 10 inches open and pushing (or pulling) firmly works better than from say slamming the door from half way open. Seems that the more the door is open the more air it rams into the cab when you try to slam it. You might try that and see if it helps on yours.

Great idea....thanks! :cheers:

·
Registered
497 Posts
i keep my hand on the handle to use a little force when shutting them. they close much easier compared to slamming them shut.

·
Banned
2,155 Posts
bighawaii said:
i keep my hand on the handle to use a little force when shutting them. they close much easier compared to slamming them shut.

exactly how i shut mine, much easier then ramming shut!!!

·
Registered
124 Posts
Cabin air pressure...

your cab is so air tight, that when closing the doors without having a window open, the air pressure inside the cab makes it difficult to completely close w/o forethought. I have found that if you give the door a good "swing" while it is open 1.5 - 2 ft, it will close 1st time, every time - but this took some practice and getting used to.

So I am not sure how the hood issue came into this thread, but I just picked up my truck from the dealership after the 3rd, yes 3rd, hood ding developed. The 1st one came with the truck (the one for which I didn't know it's origin), the 2nd one I put in the hood from simply closing it (the one learned the origin of the 1st one from) and the latest one, from an oil change and my neglect to inform the tech about the hood delicacy.

Certainly a design flaw. But...the dealership has been great about taking care of them. Unfortunately for them however, yesterdays hood repair also included (at no additional expense) 2 scratches across the hood from the repair work. I just finshed scheduling a free appt with the recon dept for a free hood buffing and scratch removal seminar.

:cheers:

·
Registered
146 Posts
Typical Nissan, I owned 4 Nissan before and all did the same... I had to learn the technique, closing the door with a hand in it, so the door does not bounce back... not like it will, but somehow the hand makes sure it closes with the minimun effort thus saving the components,... if that made sense.
Well, I love this truck door issue and all.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
newenglandtitan said:
your cab is so air tight, that when closing the doors without having a window open, the air pressure inside the cab makes it difficult to completely close w/o forethought. I have found that if you give the door a good "swing" while it is open 1.5 - 2 ft, it will close 1st time, every time - but this took some practice and getting used to.

So I am not sure how the hood issue came into this thread, but I just picked up my truck from the dealership after the 3rd, yes 3rd, hood ding developed. The 1st one came with the truck (the one for which I didn't know it's origin), the 2nd one I put in the hood from simply closing it (the one learned the origin of the 1st one from) and the latest one, from an oil change and my neglect to inform the tech about the hood delicacy.

Certainly a design flaw. But...the dealership has been great about taking care of them. Unfortunately for them however, yesterdays hood repair also included (at no additional expense) 2 scratches across the hood from the repair work. I just finshed scheduling a free appt with the recon dept for a free hood buffing and scratch removal seminar.

:cheers:

Geesh, that sucks.....thats what we all have to look forward to>???? :huh:

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
bestatchess said:
Get a bug deflector/hood protector ASAP and you won't have this problem.

Its is on order as we speak!

Thanks for the tip!
Crickett

·
Registered
877 Posts
Titantow4 said:
Crickett,
Uh yeah, Don't slam the hood down like some moron did with mine before I bought it. It will put a nice little ding just over the hood latch. The dealer said that they were unaware of the dent but would get it popped out for me. Luckily it didn't crease anywhere. Try to get it out sometime this week. And with the door closing issue, just keep a hand on the handle with a little force and it seems to close quite easy. For awhile after I got mine my eardrums would pop every time I would close the doors.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Every single person that rides with me has the same response -

"oh wait, I dont think the door shut all the way"

Its kind of a pain, air pressure or not it should have a meatier sound and feel when the door closes.

·
Registered
46 Posts
At first I thought it was problem that the doors wouldnt close. My old VW was the same. The door seals are doing their job. With a firm push (not slam) they close OK. I appreciate the seals when I notice the absence of wind noice on the highway.
Be Safe,
chek6

·
Registered
81 Posts
I've gotten into the habit of looking at my cargo light as I walk away from the truck while locking it with the fob.

If someone didn't close the door all the way, the light won't go off when I lock it.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts