Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I plan to add the "TITAN" door emblems to my 2004 without the "V8". After looking at pricing, the true door emblems are ~$25 each, whereas the rear tailgate "TITAN" emblem is less than $10 each. Can someone tell me if the tailgate TITAN emblem is the same as the door TITAN emblem?

Also, I'm wondering if someone could tell me the dimensions from the leading door edge to where the "T" starts on the drivers door and where the "N" ends on the passenger door. A vertical position from the top of the molding to the bottom of the letters would be helpful as well.

Thanks.

·
Registered
127 Posts
when you ready. let me know ill give you the emblems if youll pay the postage. i thought they looked gaudy so i peeled them off their just sitting in a box in my garage.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I have a silver '06 and I think the emblems look cheesy - I want to take them off but I'm worried that the paint might look different unserneath after a year or so. Anyone?

Speaking of cheesy - have you seen the new door emblems on the dodge? Gawd is that ugly and huge.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Dont worry about that - I took the emblems off the trunk of my 97 Maxima in like 2003 - a little cleaner wax and you'll never know they were there.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the replies.

Now you have me thinking....my nearest Nissan dealer is ~40mi, next time I'm close, I'll have to take a closer look and decide if I want to do it or not. In pictures at least, I thought it added something to the side.

·
Registered
85 Posts
They're too big. I like the old endurance logo better - it's there if you look for it but it's not in your face. I KNOW it's a titan - I don't have to read it every time I get in the truck.

Hmmm...could I get all the letters off and combine them to spell something dirty on the tailgate??

·
Registered
249 Posts
I *just* debadged mine to replace them all with PSYCHLONE from YourEmblem.com

I'm curious as to how you all got the adhesive off completely...I've got it down to the real thin layer against the paint using the wand and hot wax at a local carwash, but the black adhesive is still there in a very thin layer and I don't want to scratch it up getting it off...any info?

*Sorry, didn't mean to hijack!

Psychlone

·
Registered
73 Posts
I debadged my 04 and like the clean look. I also don't have to spend time washing around the emblems or lettering.

04 LE KC OR BT

·
Registered
24 Posts
Psychlone said:
I *just* debadged mine to replace them all with PSYCHLONE from YourEmblem.com

I'm curious as to how you all got the adhesive off completely...I've got it down to the real thin layer against the paint using the wand and hot wax at a local carwash, but the black adhesive is still there in a very thin layer and I don't want to scratch it up getting it off...any info?

*Sorry, didn't mean to hijack!

Psychlone
Heat gun and then anything left over comes off with Goof Off.

·
Registered
9,557 Posts
MN-Titan LE said:
I plan to add the "TITAN" door emblems to my 2004 without the "V8". After looking at pricing, the true door emblems are ~$25 each, whereas the rear tailgate "TITAN" emblem is less than $10 each. Can someone tell me if the tailgate TITAN emblem is the same as the door TITAN emblem?

Also, I'm wondering if someone could tell me the dimensions from the leading door edge to where the "T" starts on the drivers door and where the "N" ends on the passenger door. A vertical position from the top of the molding to the bottom of the letters would be helpful as well.

Thanks.
You can use the tailgate emblem but no, it's not the same as the side emblems. The side ones are angled differntly so they can be easily read. But I don't think most would even notice.

·
Registered
249 Posts
You can spell whatever you want in chrome lettering at YourEmblem.com
I just got mine a couple days ago that say PSYCHLONE (for both front doors where the originals were and for the left side of the tailgate)

Psychlone

·
Registered
599 Posts
does anyone have pictures of a silver debadged i was thinking about doing it or i was also thinking about painting them black anyone did that if so pictures

·
Registered
249 Posts
HudsonValleyTitan said:
We want pics!!!!
As soon as it gets warm enough, it's TOPS on my list! (it's actually SNOWING right now...HUGE FLAKES!!! - I'm so sick of snow!)

Anyway, first thing I'm going to do is clay bar my entire truck to help get rid of the 'ghost letters' that you can see oxidized in the clearcoat, then I'll put 'em on and take some pix!

Psychlone

·
Registered
9,557 Posts
Psychlone said:
As soon as it gets warm enough, it's TOPS on my list! (it's actually SNOWING right now...HUGE FLAKES!!! - I'm so sick of snow!)

Anyway, first thing I'm going to do is clay bar my entire truck to help get rid of the 'ghost letters' that you can see oxidized in the clearcoat, then I'll put 'em on and take some pix!

Psychlone
Snowing? geez....it was 78 here today! I went to that site and the lettering is too small to look factory. Only 1" high. But I still want to see the pics!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts