Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The emblems were removed from my doors before I bought the truck. I like the look of them, so I bought a set from a guy that was "debadging" his truck.
How do I know where to put them? I need to know how far up from the bottom of the door they go, and how far from the lead edge they start, and how far apart the letters are.
Is there a template anywhere that shows the correct position of the TITAN V8 emblems?
Thanks.:hi:

·
Registered
9,557 Posts
Do what I did. I put the V8 TITAN emblems on the doors of my 04 (needed to hide a ding from my ATV) and I used a pic from the brochure and the internet. I know of no template.

·
Registered
14,534 Posts
If you bought them from the dealer or a body shop they are already set in the proper spacing. Just got to the dealer and measure. If you use the ones you just got, need to get new heavy double tape.

·
Registered
9,557 Posts
ecmeyla said:
If you bought them from the dealer or a body shop they are already set in the proper spacing. Just got to the dealer and measure. If you use the ones you just got, need to get new heavy double tape.
You would think so but...no, they have to be removed individually from the plastic and adhered to the door. The only plastic covering on the chrome side is just to protect the lettering. It doesn't hold them in place while toy put them on the door.

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
I PM'd you the exact measurements with a picture. Enjoy the badges. Great transaction with Bill if anyone is selling anything to him.

·
Registered
3,108 Posts
put double sided foam tape (outdoor) on each letter, and trim.

place the letters up to an existing Titan, and use masking tape to hold them together as one piece.

measure the location where they should be, and mark lines with masking tape

peel off backing on foam tape

apply to vehicle, lining it up against tape.

remove the masking tape from the letters and the vehicle.

repeat for other areas.

·
Registered
9,557 Posts
Use the pic mike is showing you. As long as it's in the right spot...generally speaking, it'll look fine. No need for measuring and exact placement.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts