Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday my door handle broke when a pin about 2" long x 1/4" wide fell out of the door panel. I took it to the dealership, and they said that it is not covered under the extended warranty, and its almost $350 to get it fixed. I don't feel like paying that. Has anyone else had this problem, or anyone know how to take the door panel completely off? I found the 2 screws behind the pull handle, and the two screws behind the actual door handle. Where are the rest? Any quick help is appreciated. thanks.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
figured it out, thanks. now i just have to find another spring that went with the pin. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
168 Posts
eddyeight said:
figured it out, thanks. now i just have to find another spring that went with the pin. Any suggestions?
Why would it NOT be covered under warranty? Unless they have a decent explanation, take it to another stealership and see what they say.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
They said it would have been covered under the original warranty, but not the extended. I even called the 1800-NISSAN1 crap, with still no luck. It's not a big fix, and I should have just tackled it myself in the first place, but figured why bother if the dealership will. Just makes me mad that they stole my spring. I got the service manager involved now though. Might not mean a thing, but makes me feel like a tough guy at the end of the day.:domohit:
timid1 said:
Why would it NOT be covered under warranty? Unless they have a decent explanation, take it to another stealership and see what they say.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I had to replace the interior door handle on my '04 (if that is what you are referring to). All i needed was the pin and spring for it, and the stealership had no parts. Looked allover for a month online, and finally went back to stealership, and spend $50 and got the whole Interior Door Handle assembly as one piece. They don't sell individual parts, but they do sell the whole assembly.

When putting the door panel back on, and you noticed you got some broken Orange Clips (instead of spending $9 and some change at stealership per clip), you can get the GM ones from any Autozone for like $4-5 (which has like 20 of them) and they work just as good. Just make sure they are close in size.

**My door handle broke off due to seatbelt tensioner fail, and ripped intire door panel off truck because passenger wouldn't unlock (you'd think there would be a keyhole for passenger door).

·
Registered
811 Posts
Just had the same thing thing happen to me as the OP. Did a search and came across this thread. Took me 45 mins to fix it. Thanks again TT for everything you do for the Titan community. This site has saved me some serious $$$. Now if I can just get a reply about my heater I would be all set for winter.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Just had the same thing thing happen to me as the OP. Did a search and came across this thread. Took me 45 mins to fix it. Thanks again TT for everything you do for the Titan community. This site has saved me some serious $$$. Now if I can just get a reply about my heater I would be all set for winter.
Don't feel bad... For the last 3 years mine clicks and clunks when I start the truck or turn it off. Nissan can't figure out what's wrong with it, and it still works, so oh well.

·
Registered
14,135 Posts
YES! another dead thread revival. my favorite. ;)

But really, its gonna get cold here in chicago, which i am not used to, so should i worry about my door handles randomly breaking off?

·
Premium Member
4,160 Posts
My driver side rear inside handle stopped working so I have to let my kid out. Just haven't had time to fix it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts