Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys - long time reader, first time poster

I have an 05 Titan ext cab. Last week I replaced the OE driver door lock actuator with a Dorman replacement unit. It lasted 2 days (absolute garbage). I have a new Nissan OE unit to replace it with, but can't open my driver door to replace it.
I have the inner door panel off and it appears that something is broken inside the unit where the inside and outside handle cables will not release the latch mechanism.
I have tried tapping on the unit inside the door, twisting the cable to fish something inside to catch, etc. I'm at a loss as to how to get the door open now? Trying to break this thing apart while bolted inside the door is going to be a bear of a challenge if that's what it comes down to.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Just to close the loop on this - the answer is to peel the door panel off with the door close and then start prying apart the shitty Dorman actuator. Once you get all the plastic gears and levers out of the way, you will find the one piece of steel buried deep within that will unlatch the door.

·
Registered
305 Posts
I have taken the inside panel off my two passenger side doors, with the doors closed, with no issues. Didn't even break anything

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have taken the inside panel off my two passenger side doors, with the doors closed, with no issues. Didn't even break anything
I'm not sure you read what I wrote - I was able to get the door panel off no problem. I had to break the shitty Dorman actuator apart to get the door to open in order to replace the bad door lock actuator with an OEM replacment.

·
Registered
305 Posts
I'm not sure you read what I wrote - I was able to get the door panel off no problem. I had to break the shitty Dorman actuator apart to get the door to open in order to replace the bad door lock actuator with an OEM replacment.
considering there are two other cables that release the door lock inside the door, why did you have to do all that to the actuator?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts