Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so 2008 Titan XD. Passenger door shut, exterior/interior handles are disconnected from the lock. Can’t get door open to get to lock to get door open. Mechanic said some were suggesting cutting the door off and replacing it. Ouch. Any better ideas? Help?

·
Premium Member
68,099 Posts
2008 XD??? No such a bird...

·
Registered
162 Posts
Since the handles are disconnected, can we assume that the door skins (panels) are off? Even without a handle, you should be able to get to the actuator linkage to release the catch. This is still a mechanical connection.

Also, confirm the year or model of your truck. Manuals are available online for most model years; you should be able to reference the diagram online to see how it operates.

·
Premium Member
68,099 Posts
If it's an XD, take it to the dealer. Surely it's under warranty.

·
Registered
705 Posts
if the door card is still on, you can try removing the pass seat to make room to get the door card off.
it wont be easy, but it can be done... ive done it.
your gonna have to get inside the door to get it opened.

·
Registered
217 Posts
I had both passenger side doors of my 05 CC "lock up" on me.
Since I am single and live alone, my passenger side doors rarely get used. Lots of salt over years corroded the springs inside that pull the door handles back and reset the lock. I had to pop the inside panels of the doors off while the doors were closed (it was a pain, doable, didn't break anything), then I got to the point that I could move the lock action again and then the doors were easily opened.

there is a little port in your door, with a little disc on it, you should remove this every few years and spray some good penetrating oil/lube in there.

I did not have to remove any seats either to get the door panel off with the doors closed. I just folded my rear sear up, moved the front seat all the way forward, and then when i was working on the front, i just moved the front seat all the way back.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts