Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do you replace this black wrap on the door pillars? With just regular wrap they use to wrap roof and hoods? What's underneath same paint as the rest of the truck? It's faded, chipping and cracking..

·
Premium Member
92,554 Posts
Some have removed it to find paint that matches the rest of the truck. Others have found a matte finish paint, similar to primer. Odds are, whichever you want it to be, it will be the other...

If you don't want it colormatched, you can remove it, tape it off, and just rattlecan it black or whatever color you want. You can bedline it black too. Putting new wrap on there... I don't believe in all the years I've been here that I have seen anyone remove it and try to put the same thing back. Up to you... :dunno:

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
Could just tape off the windows and such and bedline it. Probably easiest solution.

·
Registered
328 Posts
I removed mine last year. It was only on the front door. The rear was black painted. Under the factory vinyl was the same paint as the rest of the truck. I left it like that for about a month and decided I didn't like it. So I wrapped it again with flat black I got from my company's vinyl shop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah that's what I'm afraid of it won't be matched. But where the big Crack is it looks like primer kinda paint but where there is a chip it looks paint matched..so no one takes it off and really wrap it? I think that be the simplest and cleanest look especially since itll match the gloss look of the tinted window. Do you have pictures of yours if its rattle canned or bedlined?

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I removed mine last year. It was only on the front door. The rear was black painted. Under the factory vinyl was the same paint as the rest of the truck. I left it like that for about a month and decided I didn't like it. So I wrapped it again with flat black I got from my company's vinyl shop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Was it hard to remove and re wrap? Was there a huge difference in the shine of the paint from the rest of the truck? From your profile picture it looks like we got the same color.

·
Premium Member
141,094 Posts
Just noticed this guy is local to me. He could bring his truck by and I could bless it for him.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
328 Posts
Was it hard to remove and re wrap? Was there a huge difference in the shine of the paint from the rest of the truck? From your profile picture it looks like we got the same color.

We do. And it wasn't too bad. They did put the rubber trim over the vinyl though so you have to pull the trim a little to get to it all. The adhesive left on the paint cleaned up with some goof off. It just looked weird to me after a while.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts