Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had a door or window seal issue. I have a 2017 that developed an air leak sound and found a pretty good sized indent in the body side seal near upper corner. Looked like if the seal was folded in a package kind of thing. I know we would have noticed in the 7K+ miles we had driven if it had always been that way so guessing some type of foam failure.

Took it in for warranty replacement and still have a smaller air leak sound from same area that you can hear starting at about 40 mph. They are going to replace the window seal that is in the door this time to see if that fixes it.

The window seal was not correctly aligned in the corner of door, and something still leaked after they tried to adjust it. Thought being possible alignment issue has caused it to be malformed or something.

Hopefully I get express treatment on the third trip to service.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
spent another morning at the dealer ship today, they swapped the window seal front and back with no change to the sound so I still have the small air leak sound that seems to be coming from front door at top of pillar between doors

scheduled an all day next week to see if they can find it

·
Registered
4,353 Posts
Check trim piece at the bottom of the windshield in the corner. It's goes up the window about 6-8" from the hood. Make sure that the soft fin is sealed against the glass.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
they replace the passenger side seal twice to get a good one, fixed the issue

I would start by looking closely at all the seals you see with the door open, looking for a wrinkle. Mine had an obvious failure that I can only think must have been from a weak spot in the original that collapsed after I owned for a while. If not wrinkle rub hand lightly looking for a soft spot as it doesn't take much to cause a leak at speed. Mine you could hear it starting at below highway speed.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
something else to think that the guy could be causing was mirror air leak, guess easy enough to test with some tape

·
Registered
4 Posts
They replaced my front once already so will see what they say this time. Certianly not happy with the seal design and gap width compared to other trucks I've had.

Thank you for the update.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Sure sounds like what I'm dealing with but is there a similar TSB for the crew cab. Guess I should of mentioned that recently.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Hmmmm... I should take mine in.. I get a high pitched whistle from the front window when I'm cruising at 80 on the highway.... it's not too noticeable to me but my wife tells me to slow down so it doesn't hurt her ears... too many years on the flightline when i was active duty.. LOL

Does anyone have the TSB link for the crew cab? or is this a known problem for the service advisors at the stealerships?

·
Registered
185 Posts
I supposedly found the NHTSA ID # 10160163 but it's not going anywhere for me.... I got that off of Truedelta but not going to pay for a membership .. LOL... Also it had the #NTB 19-034... but that isn't giving me anything either.... I want to get this so when i go to the stealership, I have some ammo in case they tell me I'm crazy

·
Registered
4 Posts
I think I finally made some headway getting mine fixed. I used some plumbers leak detector fluid and found a couple leaks on the seal to the windows on the doors. Took the pictures to the dealer when they tried to tell me there was no leak again.

·
Registered
185 Posts
I was driving on the highway last night and low and behold, it wasn't making any noise..... then I went around a slight curve and BAM.. like a ton of bricks... it was like my cab was resonating with this whistle.. it will be going in Friday.... jeez uz.... it's from the front end as far as I can tell... not really from anywhere else.. and you can hear it with the windows down..... I don't think it's the turbo because some days, it's really loud and other days, nothing.... easier to just get it in and have them do their thing.. warranty can be a good thing....

I'm just curious how many other people are having this issue.. you would think this would be something that would be factory checked but obviously not....

·
Registered
768 Posts
There is also a service bulletin for the seal that mounts between the top of grill and hood.

Need to find and post. The test method was placing blue painters tape covering the gap at the front of the hood and top of grill; test drive and if noise stopped the replace seal..

·
Registered
185 Posts
I think that is the TSB I posted a few up. I just can't find it anywhere to print out so I can take it in with me when they do the check. I like having stuff for them to reference, just in case. My service advisor is pretty decent, not sure about the tech yet but I haven't had any issues with my fuel filters as of yet so guess he has learned a little... LOL

1 - 15 of 15 Posts