Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've noticed that it is about impossible to step on the step bars without hitting the door sill. If anything like my old truck, the door sills will end up scratched and scuffed and look like crap after a while. Does anyone know a company making stainless or aluminum sill protectors?? I know they make them for Big Three trucks, but for Titan??

Thanks!

Sorry tbeecher - I should have said that I tend to hit the door sills when getting out of the truck - question remains the same, though.

·
Registered
190 Posts
When I get in the driver's seat I always step on the forward part of the step with my left foot. I then stand up into the truck and swing my right foot in. I have never touched the sill.

Tony

·
Registered
662 Posts
It's all about technique. You don't point your toe directly towards the truck, but point your toe forward so that it is parallel with the steps and not perpendicular. Took me awhile to figure that out on the old Tundra.

·
Registered
78 Posts
You could probably use some of that 3M clear protective tape that they use for clear bras. You can buy it by the roll and cut it to fit. I shop Griot's Garage all the time, and he sells it by the roll. I am sure you could get it somewhere else, but here is the link anyway:
PAINT SAVING, CLEAR PROTECTIVE SHIELD

·
Registered
727 Posts
Silver SErfer said:
You could probably use some of that 3M clear protective tape that they use for clear bras. You can buy it by the roll and cut it to fit. I shop Griot's Garage all the time, and he sells it by the roll. I am sure you could get it somewhere else, but here is the link anyway:

Something useful yet expensive. Years ago I had this on the rocker panels & around the fenders of my old SUV & it worked great against stone chips, “I had large tires.” Wouldn’t do it now, not at that cost.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Silver SErfer said:
I got the 3m off e-bay and it worked great.....easy...no scratches on sills yet!

·
Supporting Vendor
25 Posts
We would be happy to make a set of billet aluminum custom fit door sills for you.

Here is a photo of set we just finished for a Ferrari.

We make these out of 3/6" thick 6061 T6 Aircraft Aluminum on our CNC.

Pricing depend on the size of the door sills, the finish, and wether or not you want custom engraving.

Here's a closeup.

The door sills shown in the picture measure 36" x 2.5".

Here is a link to that product on our website

http://www.ultimatepedals.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=52_55&products_id=2906

Please let us know if you have any questions.

Rob Baylor
www.ultimatepedals.com

Attachments

·
Registered
372 Posts
I must say those are VERY nice! Kind of $$$$$ Can you curve these for the kind of sill that we have on are Titan?

·
Supporting Vendor
25 Posts
Hi raskm,

Thank you for your feedback.

No problem to bend them for a perfect fit.

Can you post a photo of the door sills from your Titan?

Regarding price, we would be happy to offer a discount if we can get enough people interested.

We will be starting a pedal group buy today.

Typical discount is 30% off prices listed on our website for up to 9 orders, and 35% for 10 or more.

Hi Justintoxicated,

You can either use the supplied stainless steel self tapping screws, silicon glue, or double sided tape etc....

The trick with glues or tapes is to get the two surfaces really clean, any oils or grease must be removed first.

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

·
Registered
891 Posts
Jason B said:
I now have Titan door sill available on my site, finally! I've been getting emails for a while on these, and have had them made.

www.burtmanindustries.com
Those look pretty nice. The 59.00 is for the pair, correct?

·
Registered
891 Posts
Ultimate Pedals said:
Hi raskm,

Thank you for your feedback.

No problem to bend them for a perfect fit.

Can you post a photo of the door sills from your Titan?

Regarding price, we would be happy to offer a discount if we can get enough people interested.

We will be starting a pedal group buy today.

Typical discount is 30% off prices listed on our website for up to 9 orders, and 35% for 10 or more.

Hi Justintoxicated,

You can either use the supplied stainless steel self tapping screws, silicon glue, or double sided tape etc....

The trick with glues or tapes is to get the two surfaces really clean, any oils or grease must be removed first.

Please let us know if you have any other questions.
The down side of the tape is that you would be able to see it through the holes, or am I wrong?

·
Registered
26 Posts
They look nice Jason, I particularly like the fact you included the "Titan" logo. Just ordered mine and looking forward to getting them.

·
Registered
891 Posts
gftitan04 said:
The down side of the tape is that you would be able to see it through the holes, or am I wrong?
I think the other down side to the holes is the dirt that can get in them and make a pain to clean. I love the look but I would more than likely go with the solid ones IMO.

·
Supporting Vendor
25 Posts
Since we custom make everything in house on our 4 axis CNC, we are happy to make whatever design you would like with or without holes, frosted or shiny, with or without engraving.

All out of 3/16" billet 6061 T6 Aircraft aluminum.

·
Registered
3,363 Posts
my concern is with the tape and them getting Hot ( out in the desert) I think another cool design would be traction stripes with a "GOT SAND?" in the middle Om man I really have the I wants! I wonder how much more that would cost heh

·
Registered
891 Posts
Jason B said:
Thanks. They are very nice and are just enough without overdoing it.

www.burtmanindustries.com - then use Search by Vehicle.
Hey Jason, do you or will you have matching pedals to go with the sills?
Let me know cost if you do a "package" order for the Titan sills and pedals together.
I really like the solid sills.

Thanks!!!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts