Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased and installed an aftermarket navigation/DVD/etc player. While removing the factory 6 disc unit, I realized there were three separate wiring harnesses connected to the factory unit, of which I only had the adaptors for two(metra 70-7550). There was no place for a third connector in the new unit.

My question is... What do those wires do and can I do without them? I'm guessing they might be partially responsible for the steering wheel controls?? After that I'm not too sure. Any help on this would be great as I am a novice when it comes to electronics.

Registered
Most likely, the third (unused) plug is for speed sensitive volume, phone integration, and other things not required for your aftermarket head unit. On two installs I recently did, there was an unused plug for each, and the wiring schematics showed it to be as I said above, speed sensitive volume control, and rear audio controls, and other such stuff. These were Ford installs, but I suspect Nissan (and other makers) do the same thing.

Registered
i believe there are 2 extra connectors on the radio, although your vehicle may only use one.
As dubyam said, one is for connecting a bluetooth/ hands free/ phone integration module.
the other is for connecting an off board satellite tuner module.

Registered
I have a 2008 Titan and have removed the radio. I have 5 harnesses with 2 frim left, 2 from upper right and one bigger one from lower right. I have never done this and I have no idea how to pick which wires to plug into Metra harness. Any help would be appreciated.

Registered
For your 2008 the Metra harness consistes of two connectors. Those connectors will only fit on two of the factory harness connectors. Wire the output from the connector of the aftermarket radio to the appropriate wires of the Metra connectors (wiring info should have come with the Metra connector packaging.

You will also need a connector for the antenna (search Metra for Nissan antenna connector) in addition to the Metra connectors for audio and power.

Connect the ground wire from your aftermarket radio directly to chassis ground (fit beneath an existing screw somewhere behind the radio mounting area).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.