Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay guys, looks like I may be do some maintenance that may be fun. Popped the hood the other day to find Antifreeze all on the front of the block. Looked all over for a loose hose and finally checked the cap. The cap will come loose either way you twist it!! Someone (previous owner or service person) had tried to tighten the cap so hard that they had broken off the tabs that you turn it to toning cap on tight. So I'm assuming that a new radiator is in the cards for me as the neck is mot repairable/ replaceable and wanted some first hand feedback on the best deal on an all aluminum radiator and what your opinion on them is.

Now when it rains it pours. I'm hearing an exhaust leak particularly on startup and shortly after the engine warms it goes away. It sounds up close to the block so I'm assuming it's either a cracked manifold or the exhaust gasket on the block. My question is as far as the people of "the fleet" we have here who have Doug Thorley headers, who have the regular long tubes and who have spent the extra bucks on the tri-ys?? I have an opportunity where I could get the Tri-Ys for only about $75 more than the regular and want to know from real world experience whether it was worth the extra change?? also with the DTs, do you have to extend your o2 sensors on the harness side like I did with the Stillens on my old Titan?? Any help you guys can give even on figuring out exactly what's wrong please Let me know.

·
Registered
5,522 Posts
Okay guys, looks like I may be do some maintenance that may be fun. Popped the hood the other day to find Antifreeze all on the front of the block. Looked all over for a loose hose and finally checked the cap. The cap will come loose either way you twist it!! Someone (previous owner or service person) had tried to tighten the cap so hard that they had broken off the tabs that you turn it to toning cap on tight. So I'm assuming that a new radiator is in the cards for me as the neck is mot repairable/ replaceable and wanted some first hand feedback on the best deal on an all aluminum radiator and what your opinion on them is.

Now when it rains it pours. I'm hearing an exhaust leak particularly on startup and shortly after the engine warms it goes away. It sounds up close to the block so I'm assuming it's either a cracked manifold or the exhaust gasket on the block. My question is as far as the people of "the fleet" we have here who have Doug Thorley headers, who have the regular long tubes and who have spent the extra bucks on the tri-ys?? I have an opportunity where I could get the Tri-Ys for only about $75 more than the regular and want to know from real world experience whether it was worth the extra change?? also with the DTs, do you have to extend your o2 sensors on the harness side like I did with the Stillens on my old Titan?? Any help you guys can give even on figuring out exactly what's wrong please Let me know.
Not sure on the radiator but I can tell you that a ton of guys on here run DTLT's. I actually just bought some and they are shipping this coming Monday. You don't have to extend the 02's with them. Doug Thorley's are IMO the best headers money can buy other than Nismo's but they can't be found anymore and are $1200. To sum it up, get them:)

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
I had my stock radiator replaced last weekend w/ a Koyo due to coolant spray from the cap and a crack at the bottom.

Had DThorley long tubes installed the weekend before along w/ Berk Tech B-pipes and an UpRev Dyno tune. The O2s do NOT need to be extended. I gained 35 rwhp and 22lb ft torque & can't get enough!

btw my passenger side exhaust manifold had a crack in it. Funny thing is, it was at 3 different dealerships to diagnose and fix under warranty but every service manager told me they couldn't find a crack or leak in either of the exhaust manifolds. Thumbs UP Nissan :confused:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts