Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im installing my new headers, and hit a bit of a snag. I cant get them off. I got all of the manifold bolts off without any issues. I pulled the motor mount main bolts off, but I cant get the four that hold the motor mount to the motor off. As a matter of fact I actually cant anything that will put pressure on them at all. For those of you who did your own install, how did you get those four bolts out?

Since any thread is worthless without pics, Ill be adding pics of my newly VHT coated thorleys in a minute.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok. Heres some pics, and info for those who want to try this after me.

First. There is NO NEED TO REMOVE ANY AC STUFF. To get to the front bolt on the driver side simply use a deep well 1/4 inch 6 point 14mm socket and a 1/4 inch breaker bar. You can use a small pipe or a wrench to gain leverage if necessary.

Second, you can get to both drivers side lower motor mount bolts with long extentions going under the frame rail. The uppers need a 3/8 ujoint, but again the long extentions can make it happen.

Third. I didnt take anything off to get to the manifold bolts. Creative use of the 1/4 inch deepwell, a 1/2 inch shallow well, and a 3/8's with an extention gets the job done.

I got my factory manifolds off, pulled the factory exhaust(crap), and got everything prepped for the install tomorrow. Im going to have a dual exhaust made, run into dual magnaflow 22's.

Heres some pics of my freshly vht'ed thorleys. I cleaned up the rust as best I could, and washed them thoroughly. Im not expecting the paint to stop rust, merely prevent it.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Everyone wanted a video of open headers on the threads I read. So I made all my neighbors mad and did it for you. :)

·
Registered
2,007 Posts
Did you buy the headers used? Are they coated from the factory? It looks like there's still a lot of rust by the flange.

The VHT will offer some protection good idea! You'll love the added power from the headers. Are you going to go cat less with your exhaust set up?

·
Registered
924 Posts
Yeah, I noticed the pitting on those headers, I agree with Gary, the VHT will definitely help.
Love the video, noticed the headphones covering your ears, I know you made plenty of fans from your neighbors.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yup they were used. Im sure the vht will do a decent job holding back the tide of rust. I live in the midwest, so a little pitting on headers is the least of my concerns.

Yes Im running a catless dual magnaflowed exhaust, come tuesday. :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts