Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my DT LT's installed today :thumbsup::thumbsup: . The shop said it was a job, they took 8 hours for the install. He was very impressed with the quality and the fitament of the DT's. The truck feels very snappy and sounds really good. We won't get the new Y or the muffler installed until next week. CAI should be here tomorrow and Osiris should be on it's way!

For what it's worth both of the OEM manifolds had cracks!

Reactions: gweasel77

·
Registered
5,522 Posts
Got my DT LT's installed today :thumbsup::thumbsup: . The shop said it was a job, they took 8 hours for the install. He was very impressed with the quality and the fitament of the DT's. The truck feels very snappy and sounds really good. We won't get the new Y or the muffler installed until next week. CAI should be here tomorrow and Osiris should be on it's way!

For what it's worth both of the OEM manifolds had cracks!
Did you know they had cracks? What were the symptoms of it?

Congrats on the headers by the way!

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Did you know they had cracks? What were the symptoms of it?

Congrats on the headers by the way!
I went to the LT's because of a Bank 1 Cat failure. I did have the card in the spokes sound but I didn't realize how bad it was until it was gone.

Now I just have a raw muscle sound :)

Reactions: Nick741

·
Registered
339 Posts
Same thing happened to me dude,had ridiculous CIS with the JBA. Got some nismos and haven't had any issues since. Wish you would have coated the DT's though. Lots of guys are having bad rust issues. But that's up north you should be fine.

·
Registered
8,459 Posts
Congrat's on the header's! Your getting all kind's of mod's all at once!

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Wish you would have coated the DT's though. Lots of guys are having bad rust issues. But that's up north you should be fine.
The one's I have are stainless steel and coated inside and out.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Congrat's on the header's! Your getting all kind's of mod's all at once!
I hated to spend the cash but the cat drove me in this direction. If I was going to do headers, then I need to go ahead with..., and go ahead with.... it kind of grew on me quick....

Reactions: gweasel77

·
Registered
419 Posts
The one's I have are stainless steel and coated inside and out.

What N2 said.....all the DT's are coated and very nicely if I may say so myself. My son's have been on since the original group buy and are still looking good. A little tan colored but still in good shape.

Congrats N2 on the install.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Reactions: BMF'n Titan

·
Registered
339 Posts
I had a set shipped to my house idk if they were coated or not. I do know they were much heavier than my nismos. Seemed like a good quality material though. How do you like the sound difference?

·
Registered
4,256 Posts
How can you check if your headers are cracked? Cuz mine is making the card in the spokes while driving, but not when i start up? I thought it was normal tho :ftard: hahaha

·
Registered
13 Posts
The "LS" 's arent on the site yet. They physically look the same but are 304 stainless instead of the standard 14ga mild steel . This will prevent any rust issues as well as still having the temperature reduction of the ceramic coating.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
How do you like the sound difference?
:redblob" I'm pretty excited (understatement). It sounds strong. I didn't realize how bad it was before.

How can you check if your headers are cracked? Cuz mine is making the card in the spokes while driving, but not when i start up? I thought it was normal tho :ftard: hahaha
I knew I had a failed cat (code) but was almost certain my header was at least cracked on the drivers side, didn't realize they both were. I've read on here that it's hard to see the cracks without removing them, but my exhaust guy said he could see them once he had it in the shop.

·
Registered
4,256 Posts
Well while driving around, i floored it to see if i could hear anything, and i definately heard clicking with the passenger window down, and barely with window up. And after that, a yellow light like this came up on my dash: /!\. I stopped at the taco bell, and turned off my truck, grabed a bite to eat, came back and it was off. Any ideas what happened?

·
Registered
433 Posts
that is the low tire pressure light.. bottom left corner??

·
Registered
208 Posts
Maybe the clicking is a nail or screw in your tire, released enough air to set the lower tire pressure sensor? thats just my guess, hope its that simple =)

·
Registered
4,256 Posts
Maybe the clicking is a nail or screw in your tire, released enough air to set the lower tire pressure sensor? thats just my guess, hope its that simple =)
Oh well i see now, from what i understand, the sensor is based on one tire spinning faster than the others (ie one tire is smaller than the others because of lower tire pressure, thus it spinning faster), me and a few friends were in a dirt field having fun in the mud a bit, so all tires were spinning a different speed :p. Thanks guys!

·
Registered
370 Posts
I went to the LT's because of a Bank 1 Cat failure. I did have the card in the spokes sound but I didn't realize how bad it was until it was gone.

Now I just have a raw muscle sound :)
you know what....... I think mine sounds like this. when its under load at 3000 -4000 I hear a spitting sound. thought it was a leak, my guy at the shop said all clamps are tight and no air coming out of pipes. I have to say, this must be the issue, the manifolds. I think I am getting a set of DT's also.

is it hard to remove the heat shields to see if there are cracks in the manifolds, or forget it and just don't bother??

thanks
Chris

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I think I am getting a set of DT's also.

is it hard to remove the heat shields to see if there are cracks in the manifolds, or forget it and just don't bother??

thanks
Chris
so far my opinion is you won't be going wrong with the DT's. I had a local shop put mine on for 8 hours labor ($35 per hour :) )

I've heard the shields are a challenge.

·
Premium Member
131 Posts
Shields weren't bad. I actually removed those before jacking up the motor. Just made a snip on each one with tin snips and folded them to get them out.

Overall this install really isn't bad if you are mechanically inclined, have some experience and have the right tools for the job. Helping hands also make it much more pleasant. The key here is the right tools. Went very smooth for me and overall would do it again for someone if they paid me. That's usually how i rate projects, haha. Either "you couldn't pay me to do that again" or "meh. Wasn't so bad. I'd do it again."

Glad it turned out well for you :)

Reactions: deerslayer
1 - 20 of 29 Posts