Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Here's another DT+Berk+Uprev thread :bangit:

Started with a base run at: 236hp & 298tq
After all was said and done: 276hp & 326tq (91 octane)

I think it's a nice gain to the wheels.

Maps: 87, 91, 93+, valet

2006 SE KC 4x4 OR BT
6" Procomp lift
35" Nitto Muds
ARE LSII Tonneau cover
AEM knock-off CAI
07+ pipes w/ 18" magnaflow
DT LT
Berk Tech B-pipes
Uprev

See y'all at the track... on to the dyno vids :hat:

Attachments

·
Registered
2,288 Posts
Im a little lost................ Isn't the Titan rated 305-317 stock?

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
At the flywheel.

Also consider mine's a 2006 & I'm rolling on big heavy tires which the Titan isn't geared for. Add around 30 hp & tq to make up for it.

·
Registered
4,389 Posts
Yes but at the crank. His numbers are to the wheels. Take into consideration drivetrain loss, his bigger tires etc. Also every dyno reads high or low, this one seems to be a bit on the low side. The experts will probably chime in.

·
Registered
2,288 Posts
ok..ok.. I see. So what are the #s for a stock titan at the wheels. BTW nice set up you got there.

Reactions: ostaF

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
3,308 Posts
Good numbers man. You hit about spot on what I was estimating my truck to be on. I have 06 CC BT, Nismo Headers, 07 Manifold, Nismo Intake, UpRev Tune, JBA Catback. Glad to know what my truck should be around...

As for the people who think it's low, remember, base Titan's from 04-06 dyno at between 260-280, and add our heavy tires, (mine are 80lbs a tire) and it takes a bit of HP.

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Good numbers man. You hit about spot on what I was estimating my truck to be on. I have 06 CC BT, Nismo Headers, 07 Manifold, Nismo Intake, UpRev Tune, JBA Catback. Glad to know what my truck should be around...

As for the people who think it's low, remember, base Titan's from 04-06 dyno at between 260-280, and add our heavy tires, (mine are 80lbs a tire) and it takes a bit of HP.
I've seen your track vids... do you still head out? I'm curious what I can do in the 1/8 & 1/4.

·
Registered
3,308 Posts
I've seen your track vids... do you still head out? I'm curious what I can do in the 1/8 & 1/4.
Been awhile since I have gone out, lol. We could set a date to roll out during fall/winter time. It's too hot to go now...Never hit up the 1/8th mile lifted, the ACD track sucks. If I went to Irwindale, I would speculate that we woul run 9.8-10.1 @ 69-71 MPH.

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Been awhile since I have gone out, lol. We could set a date to roll out during fall/winter time. It's too hot to go now...Never hit up the 1/8th mile lifted, the ACD track sucks. If I went to Irwindale, I would speculate that we woul run 9.8-10.1 @ 69-71 MPH.
fall/winter sounds cool. 1/4 it is, thanks for the heads up.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Assuming that you were 305 flywheel hp stock (FWHP), 236.6 rear wheel hp stock (rwhp) would translate into a 23% drivetrain loss. That isn't an unbelievable drivetrain loss percentage, especially given the tire size.

·
Registered
3,308 Posts
To put the numbers in better prespective, my buddy's 06 F150 with I/E/Edge Tuner with 35" tires dyno'd at 200 RWHP on a dynojet.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Looking at your dyno graph, your after graph was lower up to 3700 rpm. Was this mainly due to the process itself ( I know auto trannys can mess with dyno numbers) or a noticable loss?

·
Registered
3,308 Posts
Looking at your dyno graph, your after graph was lower up to 3700 rpm. Was this mainly due to the process itself ( I know auto trannys can mess with dyno numbers) or a noticable loss?
To me it looks like the dyno operator didn't hit it until that time. Let's hope ostaF clarifies this though

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
To me it looks like the dyno operator didn't hit it until that time. Let's hope ostaF clarifies this though
I'll ask...

·
Registered
8,569 Posts
Congrat's!!! I bet it feel's like a totally different truck now. That is a substantial gain you got there! That is all usable power not just peak & your power is coming on sooner in the RPM's too.

When you change exhaust configuration's you move the peak HP/TQ up & down in the powerband.

It hard to compare dyno sheet's with people from all over because every dyno read's different & DA variables, but it is great to be able to see what you have gained by adding mod's to your vehicle.

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
What Warp09 said ^^^^

He (tuner) said he didn't want it to downshift on him.

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Congrat's!!! I bet it feel's like a totally different truck now. That is a substantial gain you got there! That is all usable power not just peak & your power is coming on sooner in the RPM's too.

When you change exhaust configuration's you move the peak HP/TQ up & down in the powerband.

It hard to compare dyno sheet's with people from all over because every dyno read's different & DA variables, but it is great to be able to see what you have gained by adding mod's to your vehicle.
Love it... but I want more POWER :teethmast

Reactions: gweasel77

·
Registered
12,665 Posts
Yeah I was 276 with intake/exhaust/no cats...but all dyno's are different, and I really like the way you didn't care about the numbers (because diff dyno on diff days will read diff everytime, plus your big wheels), because what it boils down to is you gained M-Fing 35whp and 22lb-ft of torque! Thats almost as much as a cam upgrade on a lot of cars.

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
Yeah I was 276 with intake/exhaust/no cats...but all dyno's are different, and I really like the way you didn't care about the numbers (because diff dyno on diff days will read diff everytime, plus your big wheels), because what it boils down to is you gained M-Fing 35whp and 22lb-ft of torque! Thats almost as much as a cam upgrade on a lot of cars.
wow, really!?! NICE... but now I want more haha

I'm waiting on those front diff 4.10 gears

btw congrats on the GTO... I love those and always have and still want one. family man now so my focus switched to the G8 GT but a house comes before a Titan replacement. once I get the fam in a house, i'm thinking G8 GXP (really want that LS3) or 09 CTS-V (i wish). Looking forward to seeing your GTO progress.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts