Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6,823 Posts
I'll argue this till I drop...lol, but if your engine temp is at 190 (normal operating temp), you are good to go. I've hot-lapped many times with no significant ET difference as long as my engine temp was at 190.

·
Registered
6,823 Posts
I'll agree that +30-40 IAT does matter for the first few seconds. Sometimes there is nothing you can do if the guys ahead of you are wasting too much time. I always wondered if a few pieces of dry ice would help if there were pockets attached to the intake air box. This would be different than icing down the intake manifold because you would leave them in there for the run.

·
Registered
6,823 Posts
Thats interesting. I wouldnt mind trying it just to see. Couldnt hurt anything right?
I wouldn't put them in the air box, but attached to the outside body of the box. I have no idea what kind of gas dry ice emits if it's inside the air box...

·
Registered
6,823 Posts
Yea outside of course but how?
I don't know, so let us know when you figure it out...:) Also, those flat, small, reusable plastic ice packs should work too. My first thought is duct tape...lol.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.