Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12,665 Posts
Where you running Cipher going down the track? Was the truck pulling timing on launch? There's no telling what the different tunes will effect without know how your truck is running on each tune. You gain a good bit from the truck learning the tune.

·
Registered
12,665 Posts
Yeah no doubt man, its hard sometimes to avoid heatsoak. When I was running my car, first time was right off the street, and ran horribly. Second run, I did so good, let the car sit for a while, and pushed it through the staging lanes, then I drive into the burnout area, and the car in front has something wrong. So the tech guy talked to him, finally he reversed out the way, but the car in the other got to go by itself before me. All this while I'm sitting there idleing. I was so pissed. You can feel it. I get out and run around in my car before it has had time to idle, and its a rocket. Now that's its 90+ outside, I have noticed with a passenger, my car feel no faster then my Titan in cool weather and the throttle response blows. The heat will straight up destroy your performance lol

·
Registered
12,665 Posts
Insulate everything! Coated headers, insulated intake...all of it! LOL....The intake I'm getting connects to the TB (Obviously) then runs straight forward about 6 inches and has a plate that goes down in front of the hood and catches outside air to be pulled up into the intake

Pontiac GTO "VARARAM" Cold air system *New* | eBay

·
Registered
12,665 Posts
Well, it's actually in front of the hood scoops. It pulls air in from under the hood opening and through the front grills. There are actually plugs in the scoops from the factory, but I took those out. I'm sure water could get in there, but you would have to be driving fairly fast in the rain for it to make the path to the filter. This particular intake is known to greatly reduce heat from the intake.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.