Nissan Titan Forum banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
8,578 Posts
When i hit the track i usually get there at least an hour early so the truck can completely cool. Then i will do 2 back to back passes then take a break & let it cool for another hour. Then run a few more. I've got the best results doing it this way! I agree, heatsoak can kill your times! That's another reason i never put my fender liners back in after my header install. It lets all the hot air escape out through the front wheel's. :)

·
Banned
1,624 Posts
So its prolly best to sit and cool after every single pass? Not to make back to back passes? Also when the timing pulls like that does it stay there or go back to normal once everything has calmed down?
It depends. I can hot lap my car and not lose any speed or et. But honda designed my engine to run hot and i have a very good very well insulated CAI that doesn't heatsoak.

And generally, timing will go back to normal quickly, but not all ecu's are the same. Sometimes it may stay with ignition retard for quite some time before it goes back to normal.

·
Banned
2,234 Posts
Dry ice emits CO2, carbon dioxide when it evaporates. The speed at which the air is pulled into the engine, the dry ice wouldn't cool the IAT's down enough to be worth doing imo. Now, if you could cool the entire manifold and CAI tube @ once and keep it cool, then that would make a huge difference. Icing your intake while getting your coolant temps down to 140deg. is the trick. My fastest pass was by getting my coolant temps down to 140deg and pushing it through the staging lanes (no easy feat!!). Icing the intake manifold does help. It's worth at least .05 to .1 in the 1/4.

·
Registered
12,665 Posts
Insulate everything! Coated headers, insulated intake...all of it! LOL....The intake I'm getting connects to the TB (Obviously) then runs straight forward about 6 inches and has a plate that goes down in front of the hood and catches outside air to be pulled up into the intake

Pontiac GTO "VARARAM" Cold air system *New* | eBay

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
O-Five, what's interesting about what you show is the fact that this sits right behind your hood scoops right? All of the concern of doing the ram air mod on our trucks with moisture getting up in there should be dismissed after looking at this design unless I'm missing something. This CAI for the GTO would be soaked in a rain storm right?

·
Registered
12,665 Posts
Well, it's actually in front of the hood scoops. It pulls air in from under the hood opening and through the front grills. There are actually plugs in the scoops from the factory, but I took those out. I'm sure water could get in there, but you would have to be driving fairly fast in the rain for it to make the path to the filter. This particular intake is known to greatly reduce heat from the intake.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.