Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3,233 Posts
My customers is thinking of getting an 06-new Nissan Titan crew cab. From Personal experience, what are some things wrong with the Titan?
Refuses to pass up a gas station. Other than that, great trucks.:big_grin:

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
Rear wheel seals leak constantly, exhaust manifolds crack, plastic radiators crack, IPDM relays go out and destroy the catalytic converters, causing the need for new manifolds, or a costly header/ tuning package. Also, the front differentials in 4x4 ' s are known weak spots, as are factory e lockers. There's also documented engine failures.

·
Registered
14,137 Posts
Rear end is weak (some blow up others don't, 08 and newer are a little better design), manifolds crack, and radiator cracks. Other then that its a reliable truck. Every truck out there will have its list of failures if you go on a forum.

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
Sounds to me like you're trying to steer your customers into a vehicle you are selling, rather than a Titan. What are you wanting them to buy? Might be that the Titan is a better truck than whatever you're selling...

·
Registered
1,957 Posts
Unless they want all the bells and whistles, (and in an 06 the T is pretty well on par), a Titan will do as well or better than any other half ton. The Titan has it's flaws, but so do the Tundra, F-150, Ram, and GM offerings. Though generally, you'll get a better price on a Titan. It just comes down to what they prefer. I hate GM cabs, Ford and Ram looks and prices, and have yet to see a 6 seater Tundra, so the Titan works best for me and I love it. There's a lot of whiners about the weak points, and a lot of whiners because NEWSFLASH: it IS a pickup, and **** WILL break/wear out over time. That said, I've beat the living hell out of mine for six years in the oilfield and it's still a comfortable beast. The sheer amount of things I HAVEN'T had to fix in 140K hard duty miles makes me grin. I'd recommend a Titan to anyone that actually wants one.

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
Chicks dig the big 3 trucks. I've gotten a lot more attention in my Ford's and Chevy's than either of my Titans.

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
Those of us who are married don't have that requirement. My wife thinks I'm sexy in whatever I'm driving...

·
Registered
14,137 Posts
those of us who are good looking and not Dbags don't have any issues no matter what we drive.

my fiancé thinks my titan is sexy though.

·
Premium Member
4,684 Posts
What bender said, gas guzzler. But hey it's a big truck with a big v8, gonna drink it regardless.

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
those of us who are good looking and not Dbags don't have any issues no matter what we drive.

my fiancé thinks my titan is sexy though.
Don't have any issues. I'm just stating facts. I get more looks in my bone stock Ferd, then my sexy as hell pro 4.

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
Used to drive an F250. People look because they wonder who's making all the racket.

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
It doesn't fit in the garage.

Attachments

Reactions: Bugy

·
Registered
14,137 Posts
Don't have any issues. I'm just stating facts. I get more looks in my bone stock Ferd, then my sexy as hell pro 4.
maybe the delete kit, down pipe, and straight pipes on that power stroke have a lot to do with it? those things sound AMAZINGGGGG

·
Registered
591 Posts
The only problem I've been having with mine is no one believes me when I tell them it's a 2004. :)
I get that a LOT with my 04 Xterra Lol

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
maybe the delete kit, down pipe, and straight pipes on that power stroke have a lot to do with it? those things sound AMAZINGGGGG
Shoot, I have to creep around here. I'm scared I'm gonna get a hefty ticket, if I accidentally roll coal. Lol

Reactions: honda250xtitan

·
Registered
14,137 Posts
Shoot, I have to creep around here. I'm scared I'm gonna get a hefty ticket, if I accidentally roll coal. Lol
i heard a new denali duramax drive by yesterday with exhaust and delete kit (i'm assuming since it had exhaust) it sounded amazing.

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
i heard a new denali duramax drive by yesterday with exhaust and delete kit (i'm assuming since it had exhaust) it sounded amazing.
If you could hear it, it was most likely deleted. The people on the forums say just a cat back exhaust doesnt do much for sound or performance. The only reason I deleted my EGR/Dpf was for longevity of the engine and so I don't end up stranded from a sensor going out. After my first 1500.00 quote for a Nox sensor, I took it straight to the diesel shop.

·
Premium Member
141,094 Posts

If you could hear it, it was most likely deleted. The people on the forums say just a cat back exhaust doesnt do much for sound or performance. The only reason I deleted my EGR/Dpf was for longevity of the engine and so I don't end up stranded from a sensor going out. After my first 1500.00 quote for a Nox sensor, I took it straight to the diesel shop.

So which is it? Bone stock or modified?

Reactions: 4mula1fan
1 - 20 of 22 Posts