Nissan Titan Forum banner

81 - 100 of 131 Posts

·
Registered
844 Posts
Yeah 10psi is too low lol. I would think around 20 or so and you'd be good. You guys are on the right track though. Start a little high and just keep dropping it til it hooks.

Slicks will have tread depth 'holes' to let you see how much rubber (shut up) you have left. :lol:

·
Registered
844 Posts

·
Registered
8,459 Posts
Yea, if your rear tires are under inflated it will cause you to loss your top end.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Has anyone done a comparison (with a lot of data points) using a constant stall (of whatever amount you like - I was doing ~2200RPM stall) comparing:
-4WD launch / 4WD for the complete 1320'
-4WD launch / 2WD for the complete 1320'
-2WD launch / 2WD for the complete 1320'

I ask because I think it's common and fair to assume that using the 4WD robs power, but when I launched in 2WD I got a little tire spin which slowed my 60' by ~.15s. So what I was doing instead was launching in 4WD, then immediately clicking into 2WD mode. I am using the Titan only for bracket racing, so consistency is the key for me (though I wouldn't mind being consistently faster as well). Given my previous comment, I also wasn't able to get a lot of data with running all 4WD for the 1320' to compare it to the 4WD --> 2WD switch.

Also of interesting point, as the night progressed and cooled off, the truck got faster (obvious) - we're talking about 0.1 - 0.12s faster each round with ~20 minutes in between runs; however, as attrition reduced the number of competitors, my runs were getting closer and closer, and the times started to tail off. I assume the engine started to experience some heat soak.

I'm a member (and a lot more active) on of a lot of other boards, and guys like me get tomatoes thrown at them for bench racing. With that, I give you one of my slips from last night (right lane, #76). Again - this is bracket racing, so RT and dial-in count (note: the guy in the left lane red lit, and since I could see the board indicating that I had already won, I stayed on the throttle to see what she'd run instead of letting off to avoid the break out):

·
Registered
5,522 Posts
Has anyone done a comparison (with a lot of data points) using a constant stall (of whatever amount you like - I was doing ~2200RPM stall) comparing:
-4WD launch / 4WD for the complete 1320'
-4WD launch / 2WD for the complete 1320'
-2WD launch / 2WD for the complete 1320'

I ask because I think it's common and fair to assume that using the 4WD robs power, but when I launched in 2WD I got a little tire spin which slowed my 60' by ~.15s. So what I was doing instead was launching in 4WD, then immediately clicking into 2WD mode. I am using the Titan only for bracket racing, so consistency is the key for me (though I wouldn't mind being consistently faster as well). Given my previous comment, I also wasn't able to get a lot of data with running all 4WD for the 1320' to compare it to the 4WD --> 2WD switch.

Also of interesting point, as the night progressed and cooled off, the truck got faster (obvious) - we're talking about 0.1 - 0.12s faster each round with ~20 minutes in between runs; however, as attrition reduced the number of competitors, my runs were getting closer and closer, and the times started to tail off. I assume the engine started to experience some heat soak.

I'm a member (and a lot more active) on of a lot of other boards, and guys like me get tomatoes thrown at them for bench racing. With that, I give you one of my slips from last night (right lane, #76). Again - this is bracket racing, so RT and dial-in count (note: the guy in the left lane red lit, and since I could see the board indicating that I had already won, I stayed on the throttle to see what she'd run instead of letting off to avoid the break out):

It will not switch out of 4wd under WOT so all of your 4wd runs were in 4wd the entire time. I always launch in 4wd:)

Reactions: dustinescott

·
Registered
71 Posts
It will not switch out of 4wd under WOT so all of your 4wd runs were in 4wd the entire time. I always launch in 4wd:)
Ah, I thought that might be the case - thanks for the confirmation. It must switch back to 2wd as soon as I left off the throttle then, because I can take the turn for the return road without any of that nasty "you have too much grip and have the 4WD on" feedback.

Quick funny story about that run against a guy in a new V8 Camaro - he was giving the timing lady some guff because he "beat" me (i.e. his 15.4 :crying: was faster than my 15.6), not understanding that he had immediately lost because of his red light then b) he would have lost because of the delta between his dial and his actual time. :redblob" This was my best RT of the night - oh so close to that perfect light!

·
Registered
844 Posts
...yeah nice RT...good job :cheers:

·
Registered
8,459 Posts
Yea! It don't get much better than that! Good job!

·
Registered
71 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Not necessarily. Reaction time plays a small part. First to cross the beams without red lighting wins. Of course, there are other factor that could cause disqualification like crossing the centerline or touching the wall.
reaction time has no effect on your E/T reaction time is measured by how long it takes your front tires to collapse the first beam and start the E/T clock.

·
Banned
3,359 Posts
reaction time has no effect on your E/T reaction time is measured by how long it takes your front tires to collapse the first beam and start the E/T clock.
I think many people that race realize this, HOWEVER it makes a difference in your overall time and very much can affect you getting the win light in heads up racing. I beat a high 12 second car in my Hemi Ram that ran 13.40s all because he lost at the light.

·
Registered
8,459 Posts
While we're on the subject, here's one for ya Gent's! ;)

This was from '11 @ the local 1/8 mile track!
R/T: .001

I was on it that night! LOL

Here's the rest from that night:

·
Registered
8,459 Posts
Here's some from OSW:

Its hit or miss with me. :)

·
Registered
8,459 Posts
I did pretty good on my R/T's time before my last trip out to Bradenton also! ;)

-(...looking for the pics from that night.)

These are from my last trip out when i ran the 13.66 @ 98.45!!!

Not so good on the R/T's this time, but i was REALLY focusing on my launches! :eyebrow:

·
Registered
12,665 Posts
I don't know what it is, I always seem to be .1 guy at best with the occasional .0x. Average is .2. I've been down the damn track too many times, and my foot just will not go when I need it to. I know it needs to push the gas, but the brain makes it hesitate. I almost always always lost to Pinoytitan due to R/T. Except that one time, when I was intake/ex/Uprev and beat him while he had headers, due to a great R/T.

·
Banned
3,359 Posts
I don't know what it is, I always seem to be .1 guy at best with the occasional .0x. Average is .2. I've been down the damn track too many times, and my foot just will not go when I need it to. I know it needs to push the gas, but the brain makes it hesitate. I almost always always lost to Pinoytitan due to R/T. Except that one time, when I was intake/ex/Uprev and beat him while he had headers, due to a great R/T.
I have that same issue, except mine is from driving non DBW vehicles for so long. I could get a decent R/T by stomping on the throttle on the last yellow. With DBW to cut a .0x light you have to be on the throttle between the 2nd and 3rd yellow light. Go on the 2nd yellow and it lights up the red light.

Reactions: O-FiveCC
81 - 100 of 131 Posts