Nissan Titan Forum banner

101 - 120 of 131 Posts

·
Registered
8,408 Posts
I've tried various technique's...

It all happens so fast @ the tree!

You have to be a Ninja & focus on like 10 different things @ once!! :ninja:

The best, most consistent results i've been able to acheive is stalling for just a split second on the 2nd Amber & anticipate the 3rd Amber! You want to have the weight transferred to the rear tires already & before you cross the beam! That way as soon as you trip the beam your already in forward motion with all the traction you can get!!!!

Its an art getting these Brick Sh!t Houses off the line!!!!!!! :eyebrow:

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
sure is an art especially with all that low end toruque that just makes those back tires spin! throttle control is key lol

·
Registered
3,564 Posts
Reaction time and ET are two totally different animals when yor racing the clock.
If your dead consistent, lets say 14.00 on every pass.
R/T .001 will be 14.00
.500 will be 14.00
1.0 will still be a 14.00

The only time R/T comes in to play is when you against another driver.
Both run 14.00, driver 1 cuts a .007 and driver 2 cuts a .500, driver 1 wins but both still run a 14.00.

·
Registered
8,408 Posts
Hey nothing wrong with having good reflexes! ;)

·
Registered
2,481 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,196 Posts
Nah, I'm going in FST (should be right at 5400 lbs). I'm not worried about being the fastest, I just wanna try it out, lol! I'll be running the tires I have now: 275/60/20. Michelin LTX M/S2's. I'll probably make a couple passes then head home since I'll be there all by my lonesome. :( lmao!

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
2,481 Posts

·
Registered
12,665 Posts
I agree with Beachside (on becoming addicted). When I purchased my Titan, my original plan was a lift and big tires. Then what do you know, I met up with the local crew at the track when I had an intake only and ran 15.3. Then I was thinking, if I could get a little into the 14's, I would be right there with DC and QC Tundra's, and that would be cool. When I got mid 14's, I was like "just a few more tenths, and I know I could hang with/beat RC Tundra's". Then I got high 13's, and at the time just wanted the bolt-on record, which was 13.8. I got that, and a member went 13.7, so now I wanted to beat that. I know I went 13.73, but forget if that was faster, now guys are doing much better. Then I bought a GTO and modded it, now I'm buying another 6.0 car, and plan to mod it...................Long story short, thanks local Titan crew who no longer races, you have caused me a life time of spending waaaaaaay too much money on 1/4 mile times.

With that said, just stall up to 1200 RPM or so, and launch at 3/4 throttle and roll into 100%. After that, get more or less aggressive as needed.

·
Banned
4,217 Posts
I agree with Beachside (on becoming addicted). When I purchased my Titan, my original plan was a lift and big tires. Then what do you know, I met up with the local crew at the track when I had an intake only and ran 15.3. Then I was thinking, if I could get a little into the 14's, I would be right there with DC and QC Tundra's, and that would be cool. When I got mid 14's, I was like "just a few more tenths, and I know I could hang with/beat RC Tundra's". Then I got high 13's, and at the time just wanted the bolt-on record, which was 13.8. I got that, and a member went 13.7, so now I wanted to beat that. I know I went 13.73, but forget if that was faster, now guys are doing much better. Then I bought a GTO and modded it, now I'm buying another 6.0 car, and plan to mod it...................Long story short, thanks local Titan crew who no longer races, you have caused me a life time of spending waaaaaaay too much money on 1/4 mile times.

With that said, just stall up to 1200 RPM or so, and launch at 3/4 throttle and roll into 100%. After that, get more or less aggressive as needed.
And then I smashed your bolt on time. You ran away and are scared to come back lmao!!!

·
Banned
4,217 Posts
Thanks fellas! I plan on having fun, but honestly...I'm already getting nervous. Lol!

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Everyone is nervous EVERYONE... watch a few cars stage at the light for a few passes it will make you more comfortable knowing what your doing before you line up..honesty don't worry about the lights, just go on green so you can get a feel for luanching

·
Registered
8,408 Posts
Long story short, thanks local Titan crew who no longer races, you have caused me a life time of spending waaaaaaay too much money on 1/4 mile times.
Hey your welcome!

Some of us still are still around...Racing! Me for one!!! ;)

Everyone else gave up or traded in their Titans... :deathsent

·
Registered
5,522 Posts
Yeah and you're running better then all of us were. Including Papa_D and his cammed Titan.
Just imagine what we will all be running with cams and a stall! I'm getting a stall before cams. Should put me in the 13.30s according to the owner of Edge.

·
Registered
12,665 Posts
Just imagine what we will all be running with cams and a stall! I'm getting a stall before cams. Should put me in the 13.30s according to the owner of Edge.
Trust me, I still would love to race a Titan! I'm not that guy that moves on, and thinks his new sh*t is superior. My car even with bolt-ons is very susceptible to a bolt-on/stall Titan in the 1/8th. I sold my GTO before I was done with it, and am now trying on my G8. It handles better stock then my GTO with suspension, and can pull 10's with heads/cam, so I am trying to get this 10's or low 11's crap out of my blood before I go back to a truck.

101 - 120 of 131 Posts