Nissan Titan Forum banner

121 - 131 of 131 Posts

·
Registered
5,522 Posts

·
Registered
5,522 Posts
Cool deal, you gotta link for the edge converter?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
You have to call or email him. His name is Andre, he's the owner and very helpful. Mines 3200 stall with 2.2 str. He said it's the perfect street/track stall. Google edge converters.....also install isn't bad but you'll need a tranny jack.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Ive got a lil fox body mustang I take to the track from time to time, also had an x-runner I did the same with.

Theres 3 major mistakes I see guys in trucks make. First off, GO AROOOOUUUUND THE WATER BOX! rolling through the water box, or doing a big ol burnout INSIDE the waterbox (lol) will only make your tires slick and greasy and spinnin aint winnin son. If you dont have slicks or drag radials, dont even bother.

Secondly, dont be so afraid of red lighting. When that last yellow lights up, HIT IT!!! If youre brake boosting, maybe be a tad bit cautious...but dont be sleepin either.

Finally, if youre having trouble hookin up outta the hole, dont just stay in the throttle and expect it to bite. Apply throttle slowly and increase as neccesarry. If youre serious about becoming a good driver, buy a stick car (manual trans) and practice practice practice. Nothin teaches proper launch technique/ throttle control like driving with a clutch...

·
Registered
8,408 Posts
Unfortunately some tracks will not let you go around the water box...

Our local 1/8 mile track is one of them.

I dislike seeing people with their rear tires sitting IN the water when they start their burnout! The excess water can get flung up into the wheel wells & rear bumper causing it to fall back down on the track itself. Making it really slick!

·
Registered
418 Posts
First time at the drag strip today. 1/8th mile, Magnolia Speedway in Ohio. Very new to this but had fun. First run 11.414, 11.286, 10.080 and 9.935, ran in 4wd. Tried one in 2wd just spun em! haha need to work on 2wd launches and get a trutrac! Here's a pic on the line! And the crotch rocket def won!

·
Registered
418 Posts
First time at the drag strip today. 1/8th mile, Magnolia Speedway in Ohio. Very new to this but had fun. First run 11.414, 11.286, 10.080 and 9.935, ran in 4wd. Tried one in 2wd just spun em! haha need to work on 2wd launches and get a trutrac! Here's a pic on the line! And the crotch rocket def won! Drag 1.jpg

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
Back from the dead! Second time hitting the strip this year, going on Wednesday!

Went for the first time this year in March and ended up only getting a couple passes.. slowest passes yet...

Made some changes since then.
Originally had 17" OR wheels on 33"s switched too....
-20" OEM wheels 33"s
-AEM Brute Force CAI with pre-filter
-Uprev tuned
-added a helwig rear swaybar... (hopefully this will help with some axle wrap issues)
-added PRG swaybar endlinks.. (probably won't help but whatever)
-added True-Trac...
-Added the burnout mod (also added the diff lock mod... but my rear finally blew up so... Ture-Trac FTW)

I'm expecting a good drop in my time considering last time I went I just spinned the dam wheels all the way down the 1/4

·
Registered
2,481 Posts
Hasn't gotten cool enough for us southern guys to make it worth the trip. I like 40s... Which makes the DA killer around here!

I've had a few lame encounters in Mexico with stock trucks and turbo civics...

·
Registered
209 Posts
Reviving a dead thread!

I went to track with my 2005 King-Cab Titan with 192,000 plus miles. Baton Rouge race track just outside of it.
1st pass was a 14.62 @ 92.41 mph.
2nd pass was 14.65 @ 92.67 mph.
3rd pass was 15.29 @ 92.54 mph.

Truck has long-tubes, cajun b-pipes catless resonators, dual into muffler, single out, cai intake also. Two wd with 2.94 gears with a Sparton locker in rear. It is only has 89 octane tune. uprev by James.
On third pass the track had cooled and spun tires bad off line. Trans is original stock, needs a shift kit or overhaul before shift kit. Everything on motor is original except for spark plugs and new serpentine drive belt.
I have been racing since 1974, so I know a few tricks on racing. Best reaction time was a .029 and slowest was .050.
Overall I had fun and met a few people. Truck is used in my business and pulls my trailer great!
Also I didn't mention my toolbox behind cab was still full of tools and such! Sorry no pictures of time slips or truck. I hate photo-bucket now!

121 - 131 of 131 Posts