·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what drag radials are people using now?

·
Registered
6,386 Posts
M&H 275/50R17 Racemaster, but you already knew that! :) I'll retire them next year.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well what rims and who has some for sale on here

·
Banned
1,269 Posts
get hoosier slicks and dont look back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well what rims are people using?

·
Registered
3,184 Posts
well what rims are people using?
i used these previously and had good results..these are just a 16x8 rim with a -5mm backspace
Detroit Wheels 171-6883P Ion 171 Series Polished Baja Wheels
but with a wide slick it seemed to wear out the center of the slick moreso than the edges.. so i think a 16x10 rim would be perfect
to get even wear across the surface of the slick

obviously you cant run these on the front so just buy two..

When i buy more slicks and rims i'm going to try these for the rear. diffrence is it is 2" wider and for having nitrous or forced induction i think a bigger bite off the line will help off the line for the 60'
these rims are a 16x10 with a -38mm backspace
Detroit Wheels 171-6183P Ion 171 Series Polished Baja Wheels

here are my slicks of choice..running mickey thompson tubes with these is a must for safety issues. will keep the slick from spinning off of the rim and ripping the valvestem off during launching

Hoosier 17603QTP Hoosier Quick Time Pro D.O.T. Drag Tires

·
Banned
1,269 Posts
stock chevy 16 inch rims with 1/8 spacers they worked great when i went 12's :D

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Ok not meaning to thread jack here but I have some 17" stock chevy rims and wanted to put on radials and they told me they couldnt because its on a truck and the tires are too short as in side walls I guess... Does that matter?

@paparyno I have 4 of these and only need 2???

·
Banned
1,269 Posts
Ok not meaning to thread jack here but I have some 17" stock chevy rims and wanted to put on radials and they told me they couldnt because its on a truck and the tires are too short as in side walls I guess... Does that matter?

@paparyno I have 4 of these and only need 2???
u should smack whoever told u that in the face. LOL u can use these its what i use on 17 inch chevy rims borrowed from my friend :)

Hoosier Bias-Ply Drag Racing Slick 28x10-17 18157

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Lol yea I thought he was bsing me but whatever. Those are BA man wish they were cheaper tho, thatd be nice.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts