Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, my 2010 XE crew cab finally got the dreaded exhaust manifold leak. Cold starts you can really hear it and when I accelerate I get the fan noise. Seems to be generating from the passenger side. Has anyone ever used QuickSteel to repair the crack or do I have to get this fixed by the mechanic which my eyes popped out when he quoted me at $2300 I lol'd. BTW my truck just turned over 80k so i'm screwed with the 8/80k would have been anyway seeing how it's a 2010 and the problem surfaced in 2019. :frown:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hello, my 2010 XE crew cab finally got the dreaded exhaust manifold leak. Cold starts you can really hear it and when I accelerate I get the fan noise. Seems to be generating from the passenger side. Has anyone ever used QuickSteel to repair the crack or do I have to get this fixed by the mechanic which my eyes popped out when he quoted me at $2300 I lol'd. BTW my truck just turned over 80k so i'm screwed with the 8/80k would have been anyway seeing how it's a 2010 and the problem surfaced in 2019. :frown:
Your best bet is to install new headers and b pipes (option 1) from this guy: https://www.cajunbpipes.com/.

I have the same leak and this is the route I'll be going.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Its covered under warranty till 80k I believe. My exhaust guy takes out the manifold grinds out the crack then welds the crack. He said $500 per side.

·
Registered
574 Posts
Its covered under warranty till 80k I believe. My exhaust guy takes out the manifold grinds out the crack then welds the crack. He said $500 per side.
That's a good deal if he will stand by it for 3yrs or 50k mile or similar.

·
Registered
488 Posts
He said he's never had a call back. It only cracks in one spot on all of them. I was fortunate enough to still be under warranty.

·
Registered
22 Posts
So where does it commonly crack? Can headers be installed instead without removing cat converters? I can't remove them due to smog check requirements.

·
Registered
13 Posts
you can buy aftermarket stock headers on rockauto for about 250 per side, that is probably the route i will take when i have to eventually replace them.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Here is my crack in my driver's side manifold....

Finishing the resonator and tailpipe this weekend as well as doing an oil change (my oil pan was only held together with rust, it wouldn't have supported the weight of the engine safely when i needed to get the manifolds out, so I have a new pan now as well)...and I should finally able to start her up and get her going again after 3 months.

I hate rust.
I hate broken exhaust manifold studs more.

I did not know enough to go with JBA headers back when I started this project or else I would have gone with them and their B-pipes with the O2 sensor bung behind the "2nd" cats.

adventures in complete exhaust replacement:
https://www.titantalk.com/forums/titan-engine-transmission-drivetrain/422183-so-how-f-ed-am-i-2.html

Attachments

·
Registered
549 Posts
i have a set of lightly used but dirty long tubes for 225$ shipped.
holler.

they are JBA knockoffs from ebay.
i had them in my frontier, i didnt like how loud they were, i didnt like the smell, and i had a couple minor contacting issues.
im back on oem cats for now.

full disclosure haha.

225$ shipped lets do this.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I replace the cracked manifolds on my o5 Titan with JBA long tube headers and Cajun bpipes, JBA 3 inch complete exhaust and UPrev tune. The truck runs great, it will do burnouts on demand. talk to
Jeff Nash at Cajun B-Pipes he is the best. you will get great service, triple AAA. Israel.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I replace the cracked manifolds on my o5 Titan with JBA long tube headers and Cajun bpipes, JBA 3 inch complete exhaust and UPrev tune. The truck runs great, it will do burnouts on demand. talk to
Jeff Nash at Cajun B-Pipes he is the best. you will get great service, triple AAA. Israel.

Agreed. Jeff at Cajun and Joe and Cajun Tuning are great to work with. It is some money up front but that will be the end of manifold woes with the bonus of a new appreciation of your trucks additional power.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts