Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,915 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the title states, I found some random parking lot covered with sand and I decided to brush up on my drifting skills since I dont have a car.

Well make sure you watch the whole video, cuz I get yelled at by some woman at the end, not to mention the video is pretty funny. I'm thinking Nissan should use this video for advertising the Nissan Titan.

Btw, for those of you who want traction bars, I put them to the test in this video as I was sideways the whole time circling the pylon/drum. There were a few times were I was trying to get as close as I could.

So yeah, I was just ''drifting'' around the cone at some pretty good angles a couple times. Btw I was completely sideways around the whole cone. Each time you see me come by, that is the angle I was at around the whole pylon.

Well enjoy!!! I sure as hell did!

·
Premium Member
7,675 Posts
Nice looks fun. How did the traction bars help you though

Sent from my samsung fascinate using the auto guide app

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
You really get going around 2:25...Nice

·
Premium Member
4,915 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Lol yeah I need a companion, i'm spontaneous though when I'm driving by myself. Damn it was sooo much fun.

Yeah at 2.25 i start getting into a bit more lol. I was trying to get closer to the camera, which I did a few times circling around it. that pylon was great to use as a point of view for angles of sliding. I think its funny cuz I'm sliding in and out of frame. I plan on doing more of it and settin up another cone to due figure 8s lol.

It is crazy to see a 5500lb truck sliding around like that with ease, I just left it in first and worked the throttle. It helps you learn how to control something that size.

The traction bars helped big time due to eliminate rear body roll and keep the axle from hopping and moving around, it just keeps the rear axle and tires planted and eliminates flexing which could cause damage, they also transmit torque take the force from the axle trying to move forward and transmit it to the frame in the fron tattachment point. At the same time some of this force goes back to the rearend and pushes it into the ground giving you more traction, thus why they are called traction bars. At the same time it also prevents your axle from doing its own thing compared to the frame which also gives more traction and prevents driveshaft failure which is usually caused by bounching.. For example, before I had my traction bars, I fishtailed on asphalt pulling out onto a road and the titan body rolled/flexed so much I cracked the top center of my windshield. Didn't think something like that could happen in a full size truck but it did. cracking windshields are common in street/dragstrip cars that leave the line real hard and that induces chassis twist/flex which can lead to breaking the windshield. Unibody cars like foxbody mustangs have this problem.

Hope this helps explain the traction bar setup.

·
Premium Member
7,675 Posts
Thanks I was just curious cause I got a set waiting at home for a lift and time off to install everything

Sent from my samsung fascinate using the auto guide app

·
Banned
1,550 Posts
Pretty good.. I can drift ok going to the left, but I always go from the right if that makes since haha

·
Registered
7,353 Posts
hahaa sik vid and a sik T.

·
Registered
8,459 Posts
I saw that on YT!

Look's like fun!!! Until the Fun Police showed up... I don't see what the big deal is? If your out in an open field, tear it up!!! These truck's are so much fun to drive!!! :)

Traction Bar's do help a lot! 1 of my next mod's! My rear sway bar work's really good for that too. Almost no body roll in the rear. I need to upgrade the front now w/ HD's & a FSB! :eyebrow:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts