Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 07 titan has 8700 miles currently. I've noticed a clicking noise from under the truck. I've taken it to the dealer Elk Grove Nissan in California. I was told that the noise could not be heard. "I took the service writer for a test drive and he heard the clicking noise. Later that day when i picked my truck up i was told that the noise could not be heard and maybe it was fixed with the new brakes being installed. My brakes are fine for now but the noise is still there. Has anyone run into this problem? Is this a serious issue, should i be worried?

·
Registered
2,408 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
mine goes in oct.22 for the engineers to look at it. same problem. they replaced my drive shaft and rear end, it still clicks

·
Registered
21 Posts
Clicking solved. Lubriated splines on differential input flange. tech has to remove the flange at the pinion shaft and grease the internal splines.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Or it can be the u-joints in the driveshaft. That's what was wrong with mine. I needed two u-joints replaced.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Just bought my '13 Titan with 12k miles on it. It was cold during the test drive so I left my windows up. Didn't hear the noise. The noise was coming from underneath. It only makes the noise when starting out from a complete stop in forward or reverse.

Took it to the dealer to look at it today. They are going to replace the drive shaft. I hope this solves it. The noise is the only thing that I can hear now.

I will mention lubricating the splines on the diff input flange. Maybe the guy who replaced the rear end just got another one with under-lubricated splines.

I have also read in another thread on this site that somebody installed helper springs on the rear leafs and the clicking noise went away. It makes me think that there is a little axel wrap or maybe there is some play in some of the rear parts. The helper springs probably stiffened it up enough that there is less flex in the drive train/suspension when starting out from a stop.

Another possibility is that there may not be adequate lubrication on the slip yolk. There are no grease fittings on these newer trucks, so a new drive shaft may fix it (if it doesn't have the same problem.)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just bought my '13 Titan with 12k miles on it. It was cold during the test drive so I left my windows up. Didn't hear the noise. The noise was coming from underneath. It only makes the noise when starting out from a complete stop in forward or reverse.

Took it to the dealer to look at it today. They are going to replace the drive shaft. I hope this solves it. The noise is the only thing that I can hear now.

I will mention lubricating the splines on the diff input flange. Maybe the guy who replaced the rear end just got another one with under-lubricated splines.

I have also read in another thread on this site that somebody installed helper springs on the rear leafs and the clicking noise went away. It makes me think that there is a little axel wrap or maybe there is some play in some of the rear parts. The helper springs probably stiffened it up enough that there is less flex in the drive train/suspension when starting out from a stop.

Another possibility is that there may not be adequate lubrication on the slip yolk. There are no grease fittings on these newer trucks, so a new drive shaft may fix it (if it doesn't have the same problem.)

Have you solve the problem ?
I have this same ticking noise under the truck had bowth u-joints replaced on main shaft didnt stop , thinkig about 4x4 joints as well also never had lub the drive train or changed the diff oil(S) 90 000 km on it

thanks

1 - 7 of 7 Posts