Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any body know how to reset the Warning Light for Driver Air Bag? Checked the manual says air bag might not function properly in the event of accident, also states need to have dealer reset. Any help would be great.

·
Registered
878 Posts
Any body know how to reset the Warning Light for Driver Air Bag? Checked the manual says air bag might not function properly in the event of accident, also states need to have dealer reset. Any help would be great.
mine did the same thing when i hade the dash stereo plate unhooked. I am curious also.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Same here and i cant figure out how to turn it off. It happened when i installed my new radio deck

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok, T bros, I was able to reset the warning light. One of the members who is pretty knowledgeable put a post on to correct the problem, dont remember the name but is picture is Yoda with a soldering gun.
Simple version is: Soon as the light starts to blink, turn the key and count to 5, repeat this process two more times. I tripped the light by adding audio equipment as well.

·
Registered
878 Posts
Ok, T bros, I was able to reset the warning light. One of the members who is pretty knowledgeable put a post on to correct the problem, dont remember the name but is picture is Yoda with a soldering gun.
Simple version is: Soon as the light starts to blink, turn the key and count to 5, repeat this process two more times. I tripped the light by adding audio equipment as well.
this thread got bumped tonight...

http://www.titantalk.com/forums/titan-visual-audio-discussion/54775-help-air-bag-light.html

·
Banned
9 Posts
If the light is on, but the airbag hasn't deployed, it need reset by a diagnostics machine which can be found with some independent garages, or the Fiat main dealer.If the airbag has deployed, it will need an new body computer as they are "1-shot" systems.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Here's what worked for me..
Turn ign key on (don't start engine!) A/bag lamp comes on for 7 seconds , as soon as it goes OFF, cut key off, wait 5-7 seconds. Repeat three (3) times..

This worked for me ,for a while . The problem would occur intermittently. Then ,the light stayed on(blinking) and would not reset...The code I retrieved said the LH seatbelt pretensioner was at fault. Turned out to be a broken wire in the door harness. These harnesses bend each time the rear door is opened (especially when the door is opened all the way back against the body. I'm going to my dealer this week to see if Nissan has an updated harness,etc
Stan

·
Registered
4,720 Posts
I have the same problem, took the front off the radio to fix the air condition fan control, and the light came on.
Will try the thing with turning the key on and off, if that doesn't work will disconnect the battery over night and try that.
will post results.

·
Registered
4,720 Posts
The key worked, airbag light is out.....

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
glad it worked out =)

·
Registered
7 Posts
I went the Key on / Key off reset process several time about three years ago(2010). Then I discovered an early recall that points out a broken rear door wire harness as the problem. Went to my dealer , they looked up my record and it showed they had already done the recall. My truck had never been in for the recall, but had been there for other repairs. I suspect one of the techs pencil-whipped the R.O. and made a few unearned dollars by writing in the recall . I know for a fact that if the harness has to be replaced, its an extensive repair that entails removing most all the rear trim,seats, etc. At least a 4-5 hr job..I repaired the harness myself ,and so far its held up well.
Fast forward to to yesterday, and I get a Nissan Recall Notification letter #06-459, wanting to re-inspect my truck.
If there's a better harness from Nissan, I'm going to insist that it be replaced...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts