Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went through the drive-thru at Del Taco while it was raining last night and I noticed that the driver side window started to sort of stutter as it was opening. I was a little disconcerted but I thought it's just the rain and it won't happen again. But I was wrong. Today it got stuck down and it was about to rain again. I kept pressing the up button, until eventually it went up. Oh, earlier in the day I scheduled my first oil change so it was perfect timing, I could have them look at the window. After waiting 40 minutes or so they were done. I immediately checked the window, to find out that the stutter was still there. The service advisor was there when I checked the window; he just said that it should be fine. Not really what I wanted to hear. I just said that it’s going to happen again and that I’ll be back. Has anyone else experienced this? I’ve done a search and nothing came up about this topic.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
2,369 Posts
Sounds like something is catching it in the track (Inside of the door panel or something of the like) or it has mis-adjusted within its track. IF it does it again through the weekend, I would be right back at that dealer on Monday morning.

Chris

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
CaliforniaTitan said:
IF it does it again through the weekend, I would be right back at that dealer on Monday morning.

Chris
I plan to put the windows through it's rigors tomorrow and if it slightly acts up I'm driving straight to Mossy. They have Sat hours, so that's cool.

Jin

·
Registered
3 Posts
vw3vr6 said:
I plan to put the windows through it's rigors tomorrow and if it slightly acts up I'm driving straight to Mossy. They have Sat hours, so that's cool.

Jin
It sounds like it's your window regulator thats what happen to my Armada . Take it to your local dealer and have them look at it.,

·
Registered
20 Posts
I've been experiencing the same problem. The driver side window has gotten stuck several times when I lowered it all the way down. I plan on talking about it with the dealer when I take the Titan in for the 3K oil change along with some other minor complaints.

·
Banned
2,155 Posts
vw3vr6 said:
I went through the drive-thru at Del Taco while it was raining last night and I noticed that the driver side window started to sort of stutter as it was opening. I was a little disconcerted but I thought it's just the rain and it won't happen again. But I was wrong. Today it got stuck down and it was about to rain again. I kept pressing the up button, until eventually it went up. Oh, earlier in the day I scheduled my first oil change so it was perfect timing, I could have them look at the window. After waiting 40 minutes or so they were done. I immediately checked the window, to find out that the stutter was still there. The service advisor was there when I checked the window; he just said that it should be fine. Not really what I wanted to hear. I just said that it’s going to happen again and that I’ll be back. Has anyone else experienced this? I’ve done a search and nothing came up about this topic.

Thanks
mossy should take care of it, i wouldn't waste another minute with it and have them look into it, actually watch them look into it if you can. demand they change whatever part is somewhat faulty.

hey v-dub, i too am in Escondido, at end of Bear Valley Parkway over by Daley Ranch(my mountain biking backyard), nice to have a fellow Titan owner in the local area. do you still have the VR6? or did you trade it in? i love that engine!!! i think i'm going to buy a VR6 corrado - just to toy with!!!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Prometheus said:
mossy should take care of it, i wouldn't waste another minute with it and have them look into it, actually watch them look into it if you can. demand they change whatever part is somewhat faulty.

hey v-dub, i too am in Escondido, at end of Bear Valley Parkway over by Daley Ranch(my mountain biking backyard), nice to have a fellow Titan owner in the local area. do you still have the VR6? or did you trade it in? i love that engine!!! i think i'm going to buy a VR6 corrado - just to toy with!!!
Just came back from Mossy, and they ordered a new window regulator. Why they didn't do that yesterday, who knows? But anyway it will be fixed.

Yea, I still have the GTI VR6. Actually my wife is driving her. Yea I love the VR6!

I'm by Lake Hodges, off Citracado PKWY. I too mtn bike. I haven't in a few months, but usually ride Lake Hodges, Elfin Forest, to new a few places.

Maybe I'll see you around town, I'll make sure I give you the "hey fellow Titan owner" honk!

Jin

·
Registered
120 Posts
Same thing happens to me I roll the window down then I try to roll back up and it stops, then after about 5-7 times of trying it finally goes up.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Yes, I've had the same problem. I actually posted about it here about 2-3 weeks ago. The dealer said that the rubber molding was getting jammed up in the passenger side window and replaced the molding. It hasn't jammed since but still has instances where if you roll it down and go to roll it back up it doesn't respond until you hit the button 3-4 times. I think it's going to be one of those issues where it's going to have to completely die before it's properly addressed.

Shawn
SE Crew Cab
Red Brawn
Orlando, FL

·
Registered
2 Posts
Windows Stuck

Same thing is happening to mine, except it is happening with both front drive and passenger side windows. Sometimes it wont go down and sometime it wont go up. Pisses me off. After clicking the button a few times it goes up. I dont want to take it to the dealer until it completely stops cause if I take donw there now and try to show them what its doing I know it wont do it and just make me look stupid. Oh Well, I still love this truck. I had a wierd dream that they recalled the TITAN. I hope this doesnt happen. :cheers:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Yes, my window doesn't always respond to the switch either, I've seen a few others mention this also. I'm getting the whole switch assembly replaced because the driver's lock also stays in the backward position sometimes. The part is on order and covered completely under warranty. Make them pay!

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
Been there, had it fixed, probably be back to the dealer again sounds like. Some Frontiers had a window regulator recall. Mine happened on the 1st hard rain day when it sat in the rain all day and then after work when it had stopped raining it would not go up after the 1st roll down. They said it was off the tracks. And how does that happen?

·
Premium Member
17,123 Posts
FLfinfan said:
Been there, had it fixed, probably be back to the dealer again sounds like. Some Frontiers had a window regulator recall. Mine happened on the 1st hard rain day when it sat in the rain all day and then after work when it had stopped raining it would not go up after the 1st roll down. They said it was off the tracks. And how does that happen?
Why would the "off the tracks" problem be associated with rain? Is this an electrical problem?

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
Don't know about that but it's like gambling with some of us when we roll our window down. I keep asking myself everytime I roll the window down," do I really need to put this window down"?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts