Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All,

I have an 04 KC SE truck, and am having an issue with the drivers window. About a month ago, the window started to have a tough time going up, almost seems like its rubbing (I could hear the motor struggling, the way it would sound if you fought it going up, but not hard enough to make it auto-reverse). It eventually stopped working, of course when it was down, so I had to take the door panel off and "force" the window up. The dealer replaced the regulator, I believe (of course, out of warranty, so they "good will'd it" because of the other issues I have had). Just today the window starting to do the same thing.

After that rant, here is my question:

Has anyone else expierenced this? Is there an adjustment that needs to be made to stop the "rubbing"? It seems like the window is struggling to come up, and it is going to wear the motor/regulator out again. The dealer I bring my truck 2 is about 45 miles away, and that constitutes 50 dollars round trip!
Thanks for your help, hopefully!

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
P's Titan said:
Someone responded earlier but because the power failure it got deleted.

He said he had happend to him and the dealer replaced a new motor and all was fixed. There was a TSB for the auto-up so I'm not sure if that is the issue.
Thanks for the heads up on the previous post. Yeah, they replaced the motor and regulator, and the dam* thing is doing it again! it literally sounds like I have my hands on the window, making them rub against the glass on the way up - straining the motor.

Any other input?

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah - I was kinda wondering the same thing. Occasionally I think I hear some sort of a rattle when I shut my door, but I think I am just hearing things to have a solution for this stupid window!

·
Premium Member
141,094 Posts
Something is definitely out of whack. Could be a vertical guide track or a horizontal wiper strip out of place. Can YOU see anything strange? Did you perhaps compare the LH door to the RH door looking for visble abnormalities?
Sounds like they fixed something that wasn't the real problem. Sorry it costs 50 bucks to go 90 miles because I think somebody needs to take a closer investigative look. Kind of a forest through the trees look. I bet it is pretty obvious and diagnosable but they just missed it.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
walleeme said:
Something is definitely out of whack. Could be a vertical guide track or a horizontal wiper strip out of place. Can YOU see anything strange? Did you perhaps compare the LH door to the RH door looking for visble abnormalities?
Sounds like they fixed something that wasn't the real problem. Sorry it costs 50 bucks to go 90 miles because I think somebody needs to take a closer investigative look. Kind of a forest through the trees look. I bet it is pretty obvious and diagnosable but they just missed it.

yeah - exactly! I will take a better look at it tonight, but I havn't seen any abbomalities. If I don't have the REAL problem solved soon, I am just going to have to have the regulator/motor replaced yet again!

·
Registered
3,224 Posts
hey tightin, it was me who replied yesterday

my drivers window went out one day after i hit the auto down function. it wouldnt go back up, so i went to the dealership. they took good care of me and fixed it rather quick. haven't had a problem since, although i am wary about using the auto up/down function now LOL

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
shawnwat4 said:
hey tightin, it was me who replied yesterday

my drivers window went out one day after i hit the auto down function. it wouldnt go back up, so i went to the dealership. they took good care of me and fixed it rather quick. haven't had a problem since, although i am wary about using the auto up/down function now LOL

Thanks for replying again!

Yours sounded like a switch issue - mine is definitely a track/motor issue.

Anyone else?

·
Registered
163 Posts
i just bought my 2005 off road kc about a week and a half ago, and my driver's side window is doing the same thing. it seems like the back part of the window is lifting faster than the front, so the front is getting bogged down. then it just quits. i took it in to the dealership this morning and it's supposed to be done tonite. we'll see what happens.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
tjthack said:
i just bought my 2005 off road kc about a week and a half ago, and my driver's side window is doing the same thing. it seems like the back part of the window is lifting faster than the front, so the front is getting bogged down. then it just quits. i took it in to the dealership this morning and it's supposed to be done tonite. we'll see what happens.
Thanks for the bump, tjthack. Mine is real bad! I have to help the window up with quite a bit of force when leaving a drive through, ect. Will you tell me what our service invoice says when you get it back?

thanks,

Colin

·
Registered
163 Posts
sure thing. i'll be picking it up in a couple of hours.

·
Registered
163 Posts
well, they had to order a part for it which won't be in until thursday. i did get the invoice though and the part they ordered is the Glass Run Rubber (i'm assuming this is the rubber track the glass slides in), Part #80331-ZH00A. they said it was twisted and was causing the window to hesitate once it got half way up. the good thing is that it's covered under my warranty so i won't be charged for it. i'll let you know what happens after they get the part in.

·
Registered
163 Posts
they got the part in at the end of last week. i brought it in this morning to be fixed and it was done within about 2 hours. it's working perfectly now, so i'm hoping it will last.

the exact part was a Rubber Glass Runner, and the previous one was apparently deformed & twisted. i didn't get charged for anything (parts or labor), so it must be covered by the 36,000 Mile Warranty. hope this helped.

~travis

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
tjthack said:
they got the part in at the end of last week. i brought it in this morning to be fixed and it was done within about 2 hours. it's working perfectly now, so i'm hoping it will last.

the exact part was a Rubber Glass Runner, and the previous one was apparently deformed & twisted. i didn't get charged for anything (parts or labor), so it must be covered by the 36,000 Mile Warranty. hope this helped.

~travis

Thank you sir! I am bringing my truck in on Friday - to hopefully have this fixed for the second time. I hope they get the issue resolved - this is getting old!

Though, I still love the truck 50 thousand miles later!

·
Registered
163 Posts
no problem. mine's been working fine now.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Same thing happened to me except on my passengers side window. My truck is only 2 weeks old and this happened. Haven't had a chance to take it to the dealer but ever since the day it happened(which was one of the first time I ever rolled it down probably a week after I had my truck), it's been working fine ever since. I basically had to help the window up with my own hands and I tried this several times when it happened and now it's fine. Hmmm.....I'm gonna have them look at in on my first service check since it's my passenger rear window and not the drivers one and is rarely ever opened. Keep us posted on your findings!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts