Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2004 king cab, I had a magnaflow muffler installed and the drone noise is terrible at freeway speeds .
Whenever you accelerate it gets bad. What can you do about the drone noise? Thanks

·
Registered
109 Posts
Cut the last 12 inches or so of the tail pipe off. That will solve your problem.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Have a 18" Magnaflow, Drove me nuts after a few months. so I welded a 12" SS tip and bam!! no more drone... ( at least not as annoying as before)

·
Registered
257 Posts
i don't have an exhaust yet but the best thing to do is change the tip, that should help. my 03 Tiburon with the cat-back exhaust is annoying especially between 2k and 3k rpms. when i first got it the first few days my ears were ringing when i got out of the car. i could prob deal with the drone you have, i personally think the v8 drone with a good muffler is better then 2 fart cans:jester: but i know where your coming from.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks , The pipe comes out of the side, if you straightened
the pipe out do you think that would help also ? I have a resonator tip on the end of pipe. Thanks again Joe

·
Registered
785 Posts
I just had a Magnaflow muffler put on today along with a chrome tip coming out the passenger side. I can see where it might drone but so far on my trip home on the highway at 70mph I barely even noticed. Just a nice deep rumble.

·
Premium Member
31,154 Posts
Just letting you know it is alive and well !!!!!!!!! LOL

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Went to the muffler shop this am had the pipe routed straight out the back cuts down the drone about 50 percent I am going to put on the cannon tip , Thanks

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
Cut it off after the last hanger and be done with it.I tried everything and that was the only thing that helped.And helped a lot.A resonator did nothing for the drone either.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts