Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey fellas, I'm new to the forum and to trucks at that. I recently purchased my first truck, an 05 Titan. I am about to put some 22's on it and I want to drop the rear end to level it out with the front.

The main reason I bought the truck was to tow a 5,500 lb (boat & trailor) wakeboarding boat. I am curious of my options to lower the rear-end without sacrificing much towing capability. So a couple of my questions are...

a) does anyone have any personal experience with the PRG leaf kit or any other leaf kit for this drop?

b) has anyone used shackles or blocks to achieve this drop? (any effect on towing?)

Any input to help me make a decision would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
56 Posts
im cant remember what brand they were, beltech maybe?. All i remember is that they are the same ones as the old chevy uses. apparently they are supposed to be 'drop-ins' but my shop had to modify em to work. I dont have any pics with em on and stock, though right now they are still on with my lift (tryin to get a hold of stockers).

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
For the sake of playing devil's advocate here, why don't you look into raising the front with one of PRG's leveling kits? Cheaper, easier, doesn't affect suspension or towing.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts