Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok over the past weekend i dropped the back of my truck. with a 3 inch drop spring and 2 inch shackle everything finally got installed correctly so i thought. but today when i was filling up my drivers side rear tire i noticed that there is only about a 2 inch space from my tire to my tie down door and about 5 inches from the front of the tire to the fender. so i had my buddy drive behind me to see if my truck was dogwalking and he said its doggwalking bad. now the passenger side is perfectly fine. I almost positive the there is a right and left leaf spring, does anyone know this for a fact? i dont wanna look like a total assclown when i call this guy tomorrow. anyones help is appreciated thanks

·
Registered
5 Posts
never heard of left or right leaf spring if you think about it all the leaf spring does is keep the axel from moving (axel wrap, roll steer ect) what do u mean by dog walk? maybe it is the spring. did a shop install it ?

·
Registered
302 Posts
pharcyde_titan said:
leafs do have a front and back. Sounds like it is backwards on one side.
I agree it sounds like on one side you have the rear part of the leaf bolted to the front.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I used the McGaughy's kit and there was for sure a front and back of the spring. This does not mean a left and right, however. One of the bolt holes in the spring (I can not remember front or back off hand) is slightly smaller than the other. You should have not been able to put one of the retaining bolts back through the hole. Also make sure that the leafs guide pins are set in place!

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
all right got it figured it out.... there is not a left and right leaf spring.... and there are two different diameter holes to mount the leaf spring. so when i put it on, it bolted up ok but they put the wrong bushings on the wrong side so it was pushing my axle back on the drivers side about an inch. so i went down today and got a new leaf spring and putting it all back tomorrow and gonna put the front coils in too.... wish me luck lol... thanks guys

1 - 9 of 9 Posts