Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was supposed to race my Dad's Tundra 5.7L V8 but after driving it last night I think I will wait until I get some more mod's. That truck is really fast it rides great I got it up to 111 then pop's told me to slow down but it was a smooth ride the whole way.

·
Registered
2,955 Posts
Probably smart, especially if you only have 3,500 miles on your truck.

Get your CAI on, timing advanced, and about another 5 miles, then look to race'em.

·
Registered
801 Posts
Did you test one on at the Lake Fork Bass Classic this last weekend. I did, pretty cool obstical course set up. Ride was nice - no rattles!!! Over the bumps rode like a camry, price was crazy though, dash looks cheezy and the radio lights are like 80s looking. Turning radus is nice, pinned it on the grass in 4wheel no prob lighting'em up. The 08 should be tougher yet...

·
Registered
223 Posts
wilk3215 said:
I was supposed to race my Dad's Tundra 5.7L V8 but after driving it last night I think I will wait until I get some more mod's. That truck is really fast it rides great I got it up to 111 then pop's told me to slow down but it was a smooth ride the whole way.

Are you sure you hit 111 mph? They are mechanically limited to 107 mph

http://www.caranddriver.com/assets/download/0704_paydirt_powertrain_ss.pdf

Got to use the same link twice in one day.

·
Registered
130 Posts
myTtitan said:
Looking at the chart it shows dodge having 6 spd. tranny?
Kinda... The dodge tranny has two 2nd gears, one for up and the other for down shifting, and two overdrive gears. It is, in reality, a four speed transmission (3rd gear is 1.000) with two second gears (1.5 and 1.67) and two fourth gears (.75 and .67) IIRC

·
Banned
1,183 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
I was in one again this weekend at the ski resort and the interior is horrible. The driver’s side looks like a completely different console from the passengers side.

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
Wiscdave said:
Did you test one on at the Lake Fork Bass Classic this last weekend. I did, pretty cool obstical course set up. Ride was nice - no rattles!!!
Brand new truck shouldn't have any rattles. They will appear tho, if you drive it over some rough roads..the tailgates especially...

·
Registered
801 Posts
BKW said:
Brand new truck shouldn't have any rattles. They will appear tho, if you drive it over some rough roads..the tailgates especially...
So you have one and are saying that you are getting the rattles (LOL from my 04 headaches as I punch the fricken keys in *()&^&*()

How's it holding up??? Have you raced a Titan yet? How she compare for the $$

·
Registered
292 Posts
I sat in a new Tundra the other day and was not impressed with the interior either. You have to reach across the cab to adjust the radio and heat.

·
Registered
6,004 Posts
TexTheTitan said:
You have to reach across the cab to adjust the radio and heat.
Maybe thats supposed to make it "feel" bigger???

·
Banned
1,183 Posts
TexTheTitan said:
I sat in a new Tundra the other day and was not impressed with the interior either. You have to reach across the cab to adjust the radio and heat.
Were you sitting an SR-5? Here is a picture of the Limited Interior controls.

The far right HVAC control knob is a reach for the driver, but that knob is for the passenger. Most of the radio controls are on the right side of the NAV screen. They are a reach, but they are also accessible on the steering wheel.
The NAV controls are along the left side of the screen or by touching the screen itself. It really doesn't matter if the NAV controls are a reach, as you cannot control the NAV(most features), while moving.
This is the optitron gages at night. The other Tundra models have the same orange color as the Titan.

·
Banned
27,783 Posts
skyhammer said:
Car and Driver is wrong. The 5.7L Tundra is governed to at least 123mph. I can can easily bury my speedometer(120mph)
That's if you tailgate doesn't rattle off first!:upsidedow ? Right??
Or is that your old Tunder!!??

·
Registered
2,955 Posts
I see what people mean when they say the Tundra controls are too far to the passanger. The splitting of the black and chrome gives the dash the apperance of being a seperate section.

Besides that, the guage cluster area is pretty boring looking.

·
Banned
1,183 Posts
bbomar said:
That's if you tailgate doesn't rattle off first!:upsidedow ? Right??
Or is that your old Tunder!!??
I don't know where you are getting the tailgate problem. When I had the bed Line-x'd I had to adjust the latch(5 minutes), because the Line-x was so thick. At first I wasn't aware that it rattled from the Line-x, but it didn't take to long to figure it out.
The only other tailgate problem I had was because the easy up down feature on the Titan broke, but didn't cause any rattles.

·
Banned
27,783 Posts
skyhammer said:
I don't know where you are getting the tailgate problem. When I had the bed Line-x'd I had to adjust the latch(5 minutes), because the Line-x was so thick. At first I wasn't aware that it rattled from the Line-x, but it didn't take to long to figure it out.
The only other tailgate problem I had was because the easy up down feature on the Titan broke, but didn't cause any rattles.
I would get it from this post on Tundratalk.

skyhammer said:
I have a small problem with my Tundra. The tailgate rattles something fierce on my ranch roads. The latch needs to adjusted a little. When the tailgate is up, I can move it about a 1/2" back and forth.
Link: http://www.tundratalk.net/forums/417-post11.html

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
Wiscdave said:
So you have one and are saying that you are getting the rattles (LOL from my 04 headaches as I punch the fricken keys in *()&^&*()

How's it holding up??? Have you raced a Titan yet? How she compare for the $$
Have one? A Tundra? I wouldn't buy one of those fugly things! Awful. I road tested one the second week they came out and posted my thoughts on here and FTE. Over priced, Over rated, Over ugly.

A former Titan owner (he's a member here) has a new Blundra. He posted over on tundratalk his new Tundra tailgate is rattling. That's where I got the "Rattling Bertha" info from.

LOL! See post above ^^^

bbomar...a BIG thumbs up!!

1 - 20 of 38 Posts