Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I traded in the T about 1.5 years ago now. Yesterday was waiting to pull out of a side street and saw my Titan drive right past me! I pulled out and drove right up next to him at the light. I asked him how he was enjoying it and he said he loved it - had his wife and kids in the truck. Was odd seeing someone driving my old truck but I'm glad to see it still kicking down the road!

·
Registered
14,132 Posts
its wild huh? i saw mine a couple times, kinda sad lol. What'd you end up with after the titan?

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
its wild huh? i saw mine a couple times, kinda sad lol. What'd you end up with after the titan?
I traded in the T on a 2019 Ram 1500 Crew Cab 4WD Bighorn in January 2019, just after the new year so I could take advantage of the tax write-off for 2019. I tried pretty hard to find a good, low model original style Titan to purchase instead but couldn't find anything that was a fair price for the miles. Best I ever come up with was a 2013 that had 30k miles that they would take 26k for, but hell I only paid $36750 for the Ram and that was before the tax benefit, which ended up being about $7k for me so I really only paid about $30k for it.

So far I love the Ram - it's a really nice vehicle, nicer than the T especially in fit and finish - but like everything there's things I liked better about the T.

Ram: much smoother ride, really nice exhaust sound without being drone-ish, ridiculously quick for a big truck, power locking tailgate, much better upholstery and other materials like dash plastics, way better radio/in-dash screen, way better bluetooth, totally flat rear floor, ridiculously big center console.

Titan: drives much smaller than the Ram, which is like driving a boat, back seats fold away from the wall so you can store tools there, armrest attached to the seat which I really liked, more cushioned seats IMO, more leg room.

Overall the Ram is way more refined, but it's also many years newer in design. I think Nissan should have just refined the original style to solve the stupid stuff - cheap materials, rattles & squeaks, substandard braking & rear axles - and kept the price point several thousand below everyone else and they'd be selling the hell out of Titans. It was a great truck, and if my Ram were to blow up or something I'd look for another T for sure; hell, I drove them for 15 years :)

I didn't like the new Titan design. I keep hearing on the radio the "all-new 2020 Titan" but I have no idea what that means. Have they redesigned it already?

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
PS: I forgot one feature I really liked on my T - hold down the remote button and put both front windows down. I used that all the time to start letting the heat out of the truck.

·
Registered
14,132 Posts
they updated the front end, it looks decent. I agree i miss some stuff but overall my ford is a better truck. different league as well since its a f250 with a 6.7

i actually saw my old titan on the freeway a day ago as well. RIP

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
they updated the front end, it looks decent. I agree i miss some stuff but overall my ford is a better truck. different league as well since its a f250 with a 6.7

i actually saw my old titan on the freeway a day ago as well. RIP
Yeah, that's a whole different truck altogether.

·
Premium Member
727 Posts
One of my buddies has my old 06 in Dallas, I see it from time to time. Beat to hell and back but still runs like a raped ape!

·
Registered
2020 Nissan Titan Pro-4X 2006 Nissan Titan SE (sold)
76 Posts
I traded in the T about 1.5 years ago now. Yesterday was waiting to pull out of a side street and saw my Titan drive right past me! I pulled out and drove right up next to him at the light. I asked him how he was enjoying it and he said he loved it - had his wife and kids in the truck. Was odd seeing someone driving my old truck but I'm glad to see it still kicking down the road!

It's almost like walking in on an ex-gf in the sack, kinda difficult to see another man inside her enjoying himself.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts