Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright, I didn't do it on purpose, duh. I was doing a quick oil change right before it rained, and I cleaned my K&N and left it in the garage overnight to dry. Woke up and had to run to the store about 6-8 miles. No dirt roads thankfully but about an hour after I got back, I about crapped my pants when I realized what I did!

My engine bay isn't too dirty but just wondering if I did any damage? Where does the air go into the motor? Is there a way to clean it out, besides flooring it ?(which I did a few times)

Any input is appreciated.

Signed,
Dumb A55:ftard:

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
You should be fine. I can drive 10k+ miles around here and my filter looks like I just took it out of the box.

I've seen worse. There was a guy I worked with who drove from New Mexico to here in OKC forgetting his oil cap. Nothing happened to him either.

I wouldn't sweat it dude.

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks man, thats what I was hoping to hear!

·
Registered
260 Posts
FWIW, boats don't use air filters they use flame arrestors (which don't really filter tiny particulate at all). Granted there's not much dirt/dust on the water, but if it was a dry day & you were on clean roads, I doubt you got much more filth in the intake than any boat ever gets.

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
if you got anything into your engine, you would have known while you were driving

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks everybody, seems my luck wasn't much better today...I just drove to the store and on the way noticed the tires chirpping a bit while turning corners? I get all the way there and start noticing the brakes shuddering, I'm like WTF! noW?.....while cleaning the inside of the truck today, my 2 year old turned on my 4wd H! This is the 2nd time my boys have sabotaged me! They are no longer allowed in the front seat! Just not been a good weekend for the Titan!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts