Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here are some pics of the Titan with the front DR's. One thing I learned is that you need to pull the upper a arm apart from the spindle like everyone says, BUT you only need to do it on one side. I had to use a prybar under the shock to get the lower bolt to align with the hole. So the shock pushes down on the lower a arm quite a bit. Since I didnt remove the sway bar bolt... the pushing down on the lower a arm on the one side pushes the other side down as well. So when I got to the passenger side the stock coilover just came right out, and in went the DR. Never removed the upper a arm from the spindle. Install, by myself, no beer brakes, took only about 30 min. Pretty darn easy. After I have the dealer fix my alignment, I will be removing the sway bar also.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
stock vs lifted

Attachments

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
a couple more. Thanks to a certain titantalk member for the coilovers. As you can guess I dont need that spacer, I had my buddy machine one for me.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Now you look like a prerunner.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
EVO8 said:
Now you look like a prerunner.
Looks like a stock truck, leveled, to me.

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
tre5 said:
Looks like a stock truck, leveled, to me.
You should take a real good look at your pictures. You are way higher in the front than rear, your left side looks much higher. In that case it's not leveled as you say.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
maybe it is the picture, maybe your glasses are on crooked. It is actually still 1/2" higher in the rear as it sits right now in my driveway. I measured it at the where the arrows are pointing. Oh yeah, it measures the exact same on the drivers side. So it must be that your glasses are crooked, or maybe one of your eyes is lower than the other.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
tre5 said:
maybe it is the picture, maybe your glasses are on crooked. It is actually still 1/2" higher in the rear as it sits right now in my driveway. I measured it at the where the arrows are pointing. Oh yeah, it measures the exact same on the drivers side. So it must be that your glasses are crooked, or maybe one of your eyes is lower than the other.

I dont have track and scan eyes nor glasses and your picture looks jacked a little. Maybe it's becasue I only have one shoe on.:imwithstu

I like it. I can't wait to get me some.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
:cheers: Maybe if I had photo shop I could rotate the picture so the ground was flat. Then you could put your shoe back on.

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
tre5 said:
I see you can't read the instuctions either. If you COULD you would know where to measure from to get the proper before and after measurements. Your killing us, LOL!

http://www.donahoeracing.com/assets/install_instruct/8_1000.pdf

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
TYTAIN said:
I see you can't read the instuctions either. If you COULD you would know where to measure from to get the proper before and after measurements. Your killing us, LOL!
Shhhhhh, we were going to let that one go. Way to ruin it! :lol: Anyways, did you get your setup from Greg put on yet?

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
Juday said:
Shhhhhh, we were going to let that one go. Way to ruin it! :lol: Anyways, did you get your setup from Greg put on yet?
Not yet, been trying to wait until hunting season is over so I'll have some time to get everything done at one time.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
TYTAIN said:

http://www.donahoeracing.com/assets/install_instruct/8_1000.pdf
Why do you think I cant read? Know where to measure? Holy crap. I could measure where DR says to, if I wanted to know exactly how much it was lifted. You are saying that the truck is unlevel. Not that I lifted it more or less than 2". That is why I measured the flat part of the bottom of the truck. This would tell me if I was level or not. Not the tire gap from the fender. From the measurements I took from the ground, to the bottom of the truck, the truck is still raked forward 1/2". Not way higher in the front like you said. Plus the measurements are the same from drivers side to pass. side, so it is not unlevel side to side. Like you also said.

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
Okay, your right it is leveled.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
It is just funny that your logic tells you read the directions on how to measure how much lift is achieved over stock. And right where it hits 2", that is automaticly level???? I understand that the wheel gap is greater in the front than in the back, however, the truck now sits closer to level than previous, or stock.

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
tre5 said:
It is just funny that your logic tells you read the directions on how to measure how much lift is achieved over stock. And right where it hits 2", that is automaticly level???? I understand that the wheel gap is greater in the front than in the back, however, the truck now sits closer to level than previous, or stock.
Now that's funny right there. I don't care who you are. If you don't think that's funny you get the hell outta here....Larry The Cable Guy.

·
Registered
6,373 Posts
I hope you didn't do any measuring on the driveway in the pictures...So you read the part about "flat ground"?

BTW - Your truck looks fine...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts