Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 142 Posts

·
Registered
6,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As some of you know, I pulled the trigger on the roadrunner fiberglass combo, offered through mextitan... I have since installed the front fenders, with some fun grinding and sanding to get them lined up to flow alomst OEM...
Here's what the front end of my T looks like as of earlier today...
Oh yeah, I cut down about 1/4" of the lower headlamp edge and placed a foam weather strip around the headlight to get a good edge and cushion the glass against the headlamps...
This weekend, with good weather forecasted, will be the bedside installation... then I will post pictures afterwards... stay tuned...

Attachments

·
Registered
6,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
...and some side angle shots... sorry for the sideways shot, apparently my I phone was sideways too... :rofl

Attachments

·
Registered
14,135 Posts
Nice work bro. Any pics showing the tires too? I wanna see what the glass looks like on a stock track width titan.

Edit: haha, beat me to it. looks good!

·
Registered
6,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nice work bro. Any pics showing the tires too? I wanna see what the glass looks like on a stock track width titan.

Edit: haha, beat me to it. looks good!
Looking good man them 35s look small now haha

Sent from my samsung fascinate using the auto guide app
Thanks fellas... Yah, my tires were originally 1" wider than my fender flares (2" wider than stock metal), but the front tires are now 1" inside the flares (3" additional bulge)...
... and Yup! Those beefy 35"s now look like stockers on a lifted T because of the 4" additional vertical clearance...
My plan is to get a set of 37" tires, most likely on 20", maybe 22", deep dish wheels for "City Purposes" and keep my 35"s strictly for off road use... I like Eddie's stance w/ his CF fenders and deep dish wheels... even contemplating getting a matching wheel (except in aluminum or chrome finish)... but that'll be after the custom paint job...

·
Premium Member
7,675 Posts
Nice I am kinda following ur footsteps silver lifted T with ats flares but I got a black and silver plus some chrome.

Sent from my samsung fascinate using the auto guide app

·
Registered
383 Posts
Looks sick! Any plans to make this into a MT/LT Titan?

·
Registered
6,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Looks sick! Any plans to make this into a MT/LT Titan?
I already went through the torture of possible MT / LT conversions... The 4x4 MT kit thru PRG is available but the $ vs more couple inches of additional travel, I can't bring myself to get it at this time (I already researched it)... And the only way to get LT is to lose my front drive... Until I (or someone else) can truly find a cost effective way to fabricate a front drive assembly to allow MT, I am stuck with the current 10" movement I have managed to get with what I have... Maybe 12" after I cut the inner fenders and coil bucket front lip to allow full upward and downward A arm movement... Oh yeah, tomoro morning is the BEDSIDE SWAP DAY!!!

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
looking sick man

Reactions: DRTYAZN

·
Registered
6,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Lovin' it SIR DRTYAZN! Keep the pictures coming!
Prior to my decision to do an Aviation gray custom paint job, I actually thought real hard about maybe joining the BedLiner Band Wagon too... :rofl: but I'm leaving that accomplishment to you... ;)

·
Registered
7,353 Posts
lookin god drty!

·
Registered
173 Posts
I love the flared look of these fenders, your truck will look sweet when done.

The fit would drive me crazy,one would think after all these years someone would learn how, or take time to make a FG fender that would fit and line up so one doesn't have to spend days/weeks grinding and glass work just to get a decent product.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Where's the bed pics, looking good man

·
Registered
6,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Where's the bed pics, looking good man
They are on my I Phone... We (Mario and I) started this morning at 10, taped off cut lines then went to town... First, I decided to keep my OEM tail light insert and leave the inner wall alone, where tailgate is, so I started off by mocking up the bedsides, taping off the glass to cut and overlap the OEM tail light area... After I did this, I riveted the rear into the remaining metal underneath... Fit snug and I will be adding a little bit of bond to blend the fiberglass into the metal... I riveted the inner rails and the front bedside section to the OEM inner bedside support, fit perfectly... Only thing I had to do was cut away a little bit of the front lower curve to keep it from striking the cab... I cut out the glass fuel insert, and installed my OEM fuel door insert under the glass, little bit of epoxy and it was solidly mounted and fuel door blends perfectly too, with only about 2" of needed fuel filler tube extension (to be done). I am beat up, sore as all h3ll, and will get around to the pictures later or tomoro morning.... Stay Tuned...

·
Premium Member
2,062 Posts
I already went through the torture of possible MT / LT conversions... The 4x4 MT kit thru PRG is available but the $ vs more couple inches of additional travel, I can't bring myself to get it at this time (I already researched it)... And the only way to get LT is to lose my front drive... Until I (or someone else) can truly find a cost effective way to fabricate a front drive assembly to allow MT, I am stuck with the current 18" movement I have managed to get with what I have... Maybe 20" after I cut the inner fenders to allow full upward A arm movement... Oh yeah, tomoro morning is the BEDSIDE SWAP DAY!!!
Truck is looking good with the glass. Did you say you are pulling 18" of travel with your current set up??

·
Registered
14,135 Posts
x2^^^ how the he!! are you pulling 18" of travel on a 4x4 titan with just uppers and coilovers.

·
Registered
6,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: ^^^ Whooooooaaaa!!! Almost had a reincarnation of M101 of the suspension world... TYPO peeps... I am max'ing out at 10, TEN, ONE-ZERO, inches of travel up front, due to 6" PC Spindle with coil bucket and inner fender restrictions... GOOD CATCH NICK, I didn't proofread my post, just re-read it now... Post Editted. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

·
Registered
6,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
OK, Here are before, during, and after pics of the Bedside Swap... I still have to grind, add material, and blend in the taillight surrounding surface... Then to get my Hood ordered and installed... then prep the entire T for paint, and get'r done... that's the plan for the month of May anyways... until then, I'll probably just rattle can the fiberglass in primer gray and a coat of rattle can silver (aluminum)...

Attachments

·
Registered
6,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
and a few more during pictures...

Attachments

1 - 20 of 142 Posts