Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
6,345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
OK, so for the past year I have been thinking of what to do to customize my Titan into a bad @ss looking Wide Body Titan... This morning, driving my daughter to preschool, I had a revelation... Her school is in the flight path of the airport, seeing planes coming and going every day... But, this morning was different...
I am walking my girl to class and hear thunder, feeling my jacket fluttering, the surrounding buildings shaking, and car alarms going off everywhere... I look up and what do I see??? It's the 144th Fighter Wing taking off and ripping out of the area on morning maneuvers... We stand and watch as four Falcons fly off and rumble the city with their afterburners... Amazing site, but it hasn't hit me yet... I leave after dropping my girl off and start driving away... As I do, my Titan's exhaust sets off two car alarms, then IT hits me like a ton of bricks!

I am going to do visible rivets along the fender and bedside panels, paint the Titan in the same Air Force aviation grey as their jets, and do some stencil work pointing out obvious things, ie FUEL, CAUTION AFTERBURNERS, KEEP CLEAR INTAKE, etc, along with PILOT: DRTYAZN on the upper edge of my door... Oh Yeah, and DEFINITELY doing the Falcon on the rear corners of the bedsides too!
I have a few friends that are in the Fighter Wing and will also try to get some authentic stickers and unit logos too...
What does everyone think??? Here's the 144th Fighter Wing's photo link...
144th Fighter Wing, California Air National Guard - Media Gallery

·
Registered
6,345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Why stencil when I know where you can get all the legit graphics.....:teethmast

Check it. I have gotten alot of stuff from this guy. Its all legit and great quality.

Military-Graphics Decals Stickers Medals Awards Insignia Vinyl Graphics - Home
I meant stenciling the words and directional arrows out in flat black... As for logos, I emailed their PR dept from the site and hope to be able to get some free authentic stuff for a bit of public display and advertisement!

·
Registered
490 Posts
Make sure you get a "crew block" too. If not familiar, it is where the designated pilot's name goes. And below the pilot's name is the dedicated crew chief's (DCC) and assistant DCC's names. In your case it could just you name twice and maybe your daughter's name or the guy that always helps you out. Or maybe just your name. And you got to top it all of right and get some "REMOVE BEFORE FLIGHT" steamers for something that you have to take off before you drive off. Sounds like a definetly original and cool idea. I am sure you would have the only TITAN like that.

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
I think that would look sick

Reactions: DRTYAZN

·
Registered
6,345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Make sure you get a "crew block" too. If not familiar, it is where the designated pilot's name goes. And below the pilot's name is the dedicated crew chief's (DCC) and assistant DCC's names. In your case it could just you name twice and maybe your daughter's name or the guy that always helps you out. Or maybe just your name. And you got to top it all of right and get some "REMOVE BEFORE FLIGHT" steamers for something that you have to take off before you drive off. Sounds like a definetly original and cool idea. I am sure you would have the only TITAN like that.
Yeah, I definitely have to give my road dawg, Mario, props... He's my second set of hands for everything I've done to my Titan... In turn, I'm also his in his shop as well... He's just gotta figure out what his Call Sign is... :rofl:

·
Registered
7,353 Posts
cant wait to check that out bro. that'll be thee illest wide body T out there.

Reactions: DRTYAZN

·
Registered
2,673 Posts

something like this one....

I know there is a lifted dodge 1500 online with a old school bomber theme they even have a pinup girl.. cant find it.. sorry

Reactions: Hawkeye16

·
Registered
4,389 Posts
I can get you "REMOVE BEFORE FLIGHT" streamers since I work on F-22s. Let me know. Ill be working on F-16s also once I move to South Carolina. Maybe I can help out on other ways once I get there.

·
Registered
190 Posts
I was thinking of painting/bodywrap my T is desert marpat!! I think it would look cool.

·
Registered
522 Posts
I've seen motorcycles done this way and it was awesome. This would be BAD A**!

·
Registered
6,345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yup, I'm pretty excited about the paint scheme decision, and like the subtle appearance of the NAVY Dodge above... The others are just a tad too drastic for my taste, but imagine a Flying Tiger scheme could look cool... As for the streamers, that would be an awesome authentic touch, something to keep in the Titan to pull out for Show Purposes... I'd be too lazy to remove/install them all the time... Still waiting on a reply from the 144th Fighter Wing PR peeps, otherwise I was also gonna check with the Lemoore Naval Air Base... ;)

·
Premium Member
21,311 Posts
So what are you going to use for "Kill" stickers?

·
Registered
6,345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
So what are you going to use for "Kill" stickers?
That's a deamn good question... I might have mxgoon print me up some... Ram heads with X eyes and tongue sticking out, cracked Ford ovals, unravelled Chevy bow ties, half eaten Tacos... :rofl:

·
Registered
2,775 Posts
Get yourself a GAU-8 Avenger from an A-10. Now that would be authentic. No sound greater than that of the A-10's gun humming a song of destruction. :redblob"

·
Registered
6,345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Get yourself a GAU-8 Avenger from an A-10. Now that would be authentic. No sound greater than that of the A-10's gun humming a song of destruction. :redblob"
Oh yeah... Wart hogs firing definitely is a very distinctive sound indeed... That would also be a cool scheme to do as well...

·
Registered
940 Posts
gona be sick! good luck!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts